Stolen 1962 Dodge Lancer Station Wagon DFW Texas

-
Hey hyper, just an idea, but I just read my Mopar Collectors guide and they were talking about thieves at swap meets etc... and they mentioned that they would love to help people out with stuff that has been stolen....you should give them a call!! Good luck!

Got my new issue in the mail today and there is a story and a pic of the car, hope that helps. Just makes me sick......:banghead:

There was jack at fall fling out here in Cali. Slant parts were slim this year, and no cool wagon either. Keep looking...

I know your pretty far from Mexico but do you know if the detective contacted US Customs to see if they confiscated any undocumented property trying to cross the border or the ports (may have been placed in a container). Speaking from experience. Local agencies and federal agencies don't always cross reference wanted persons or properties efficently sometimes. NCIC checks aren't 100%. It may have been seized and placed in impound awaiting follow-up or placed on their search list if they inspected it. Some of today's crooks are sophfisticated and even though its not a "million" dollar vehicle they will do anything for the right price. You may want to call US Customs...it can't hurt anything! Also, maybe check any nearby container shipping companies and see if they will tell you about any vehicles they picked up or nearby empty drop offs.

Just my .02.

ZooKypr

Thanks for the heads up, I will get with the police depatment and see what they say. Perhaps my insurance company working the stolen personal property can work that angle also. Thanks for the information, Stan

Thanks for the heads up, I will get with the police depatment and see what they say. Perhaps my insurance company working the stolen personal property can work that angle also. Thanks for the information, Stan

Stan, I get excited when I see you post. I always think maybe he has found the car. Maybe next time.

Thanks for the info. I will check with the police and see what they want to do.

UNBELIVABLE……. My Lancer has come back home. Last week a couple of gentlemen in Fort Worth, Steven Ramsey and Adrian Britton, the owner and manager of Ramsey’s Rods and Restorations, got a phone call asking them if they wanted to buy a 1962 Dodge Lancer Station Wagon and a ton of parts. They were interested and checked it out. They bought the car and parts for $1500 and brought it to their shop. After looking the car over they both decided that this was just too good a deal and since the VIN had been removed they decided to do some investigating. Well a couple of minutes on the internet and BINGO! “Stolen 1962 Dodge Lancer Station Wagon in DFW area”. They called the police and in short order contacted me. These fine people could have done any number of things but being car guys and fine human beings they gave me an early Christmas present, thank you Jesus! Last week I brought most of my car parts home, and today I brought my baby home. And yes the Hyper Pak intake, exhaust, carb, air cleaner and aluminum block are right where I left them. I still ended up missing a few choice parts, Offy valve cover, Norton Gas Tank, E Body Pistol Grip Shifter, 489 3rd member and the Colt. But I got the parts that looked like they would never return. The crazy thing is they started putting her back together like they were going to get it running. I guess the missing crank made them decide they were over their head. The sale of the car was to make bail on the dude in jail. Of course the dude with the wagon did not know it was stolen. Just a simple misunderstanding, yeah RIGHT. Anyway check out the photos and if you ever need a restoration shop in Fort Worth Texas, RAMSEY’s RODS and RESTORATION. There are no finer folks in the world than Steven Ramsey and Adrian Britton.

Attachments

• IMG_5317_30.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 662
  • IMG_5318_30.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 666
  • IMG_5319_30.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 690
  • IMG_5320_30.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 684
  • IMG_5327_30.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 991
  • IMG_5329_30.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 680
  • StevenRamseyAdrianBritton_30.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 672
Hyper that is so awesome. it even lifted my Christmas spirit! Glad you got her/him back! its an amazing looking car.

I love a happy ending,Thanks to 2 stand up guys. I am curious will you be able to get a new Vin tag?

I have the Texas paperwork in hand for a Texas VIN. Cops are all cool with my documents and the internet chain I have. They know it's my car. I do have a couple of options at this point. I did find my Fender Tag in parts boxes that came back so I don't need to worry with that issue.

Just read your other thread, this is awesome and it made my day. There are still great people out there, glad it went the way it did, you even made new friends, I am so happy for you :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The power of the internet, if you and other members had not started threads about this, who knows what could have happened, maybe this could help others in the future too!!

That was a great Christmas present. I hope the police arrested the others involved so they can spend Christmas in crossbar motel with their buddy.

Great news , I hope Texas is like Michigan and puts the names and address's of everybody charged with a crime in the local newspaper listings of the daily court cases , should be easy enough to figure out who these d bags are and start paying them regular neighbourly visits perhaps a weekly baseball game with multiple bats and a pair of fleshy balls

That is an almost unbelievable ending!!!!!!!! Congrats BIG time :toothy7: =D> =D> =D> :toothy7:

What happened to the $1500 that the Ramsey's paid. Did they get their $$ back?

Great News! With sites like FABO, maybe we can put more of these car-stealing knuckleheads behind bars! I hope none of the good guys at Ramsey's are out any money in it's recovery. I would gladly contribute to a good samaritan fund if there is one.

That is an almost unbelievable ending!!!!!!!! Congrats BIG time :toothy7: =D> =D> =D> :toothy7:

What happened to the $1500 that the Ramsey's paid. Did they get their $$ back?

The dude who sold the car to Steve gave most of it back. Even though he was going to use the money to get the other dude out of the slammer he had used some of the cash on something else. Yea that adds up.

Man that has a great ending. I have never seen this untill today.

Great News! With sites like FABO, maybe we can put more of these car-stealing knuckleheads behind bars! I hope none of the good guys at Ramsey's are out any money in it's recovery. I would gladly contribute to a good samaritan fund if there is one.

Sorry I left this out. I told Mr Ramsey that any money that did not come back from the scum bag, I am going to cover the loss. I already gave them a Christmas Present this morning when I picked her up!

-
Back