Stolen 1962 Dodge Lancer Station Wagon DFW Texas

-
I never thought I would be reading this but what a result!! The boys from Ramsey's deserve a medal, goes to show there are still good people out there, just doesn't seem like it at times! I'm so happy for you.

Do you have a thread on your rebuild so we can follow your progress from here?

Marty

I swear I saw a 440 6 pack intake with carbs on the DFW craigslist for sale awhile back. I hadnt seen this thread until today, I know the right people around DFW to ask about Mopar stuff or they know me.

Congratulations! Now were expecting your resto thread to resume too!

Congrats!!!! Great to hear and as Roger Raglin says "Jiminy Christmas"!!!!!!
:blob::blob::blob:

I never thought I would be reading this but what a result!! The boys from Ramsey's deserve a medal, goes to show there are still good people out there, just doesn't seem like it at times! I'm so happy for you.

Do you have a thread on your rebuild so we can follow your progress from here?

Marty

Marty, yes there is a thread on the resto. I stopped posting when I had the trailer stolen. Search Lancersaurus and you will find it!

Stan

Awesome results and great guys that you got the car back from. If they had not researched this vehicle, the results could have been awful!! Congratulations on getting your baby back!!!

Stan,

I am elated that you got the wagon and most of your stuff back. I'm glad no one in the greater Houston area was involved. I really enjoyed meeting you and you wife at the Humble swap meet earlier this year. I wish you the best of luck finishing your baby, and keep us posted on the progress.

Bill S.

OMG,congrats to the guys for stepping up to the plate and returning your baby !!!And how do you spell relief ?? Totally AWESOME !!!

this is great news, just read all the posts again and you are so lucky, glad it was such a happy ending! Joe

Thats great news!! Really glad to hear you got your wagon back. I had posted your news of the loss over on the Station Wagon Forum back when it happened, so I just let them know over there that you got your wagon back.

It doest my heart good to see that there are at least a few hot rod shop owners out there that give a rats ***. Alot of them around here would have just scrapped it and moved on.

I swear I saw a 440 6 pack intake with carbs on the DFW craigslist for sale awhile back. I hadnt seen this thread until today, I know the right people around DFW to ask about Mopar stuff or they know me.

thanks 67fish, but the six pack came home. the one you saw was a 71 cast iron unit. mine that came back was aluminum 69 unit with an underhood breather. Still missing a 67-69 dart console tach with yellow painted on the low rpm scale, a 71 ebody pistol grip in a vertical gate box, a norton motorcycle tank and side covers black and red, an offy slant six valve cover, and an orange 73 colt body that was all panels. check out the stolen lancer wagon on another thread for all the details.

Congrats on getting your car back!What a great way to finish your long search for your treasured ride.Looking forward to new posts in your thread.:D

Thats great news!! Really glad to hear you got your wagon back. I had posted your news of the loss over on the Station Wagon Forum back when it happened, so I just let them know over there that you got your wagon back.

jim thanks for posting on the wagon forum! it's great to be a wagon-man again!

I'd say "great Christmas present" but of course it should not have left in the first place. !!GREAT NEWS!!

Just want to say thank you for all the nice comments about our shop and about returning the 1962 Dodge Lancer to its rightful owner! Adrian, our shop general manager, helped get the parts and car packed up and sent back home. Believe me when I say, I was sick when I realized I thought I had a stolen car in my possession. My wife immediately called Detective Holbert of the Fort Worth Auto Theft Task Unit that night at his home and explained what had happened that day. My shop has worked quite closely with him for several years. I called the Saginaw PD, the Fort Worth Sheriff's dispatch and Duncanville PD. Detective Holbert was the first one to jump on it and had Detective Pete Henz call us immediately. At this point, we also notified the owner we thought we had his wagon via email on this forum. That is how I found out about his stolen Lancer - I stumbled upon this forum!

I had my truck stolen once, but I got it back pretty quickly! I am sure if one of my "special vehicles" was stolen, it would drive me crazy! Our biggest concern was to get it back to the rightful owner ASAP!

My wife and I own and operate Ramsey's Rods and Stated Value Auto Appraisal Co., Inc. We are both Texas State Licensed Insurance Adjusters and Certified Vehicle Appraisers. We have been married over 20 years and work together every day! If you ever have any restoration questions or insurance / appraisal needs, don't hesitate to call us. Better yet, come on by, or visit us on our websites: ramseysrods.com and statedvalue.com

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL YOU HOTRODDERS!

Stephen and Denise Ramsey

Just want to say thank you for all the nice comments about our shop and about returning the 1962 Dodge Lancer to its rightful owner! Adrian, our shop general manager, helped get the parts and car packed up and sent back home. Believe me when I say, I was sick when I realized I thought I had a stolen car in my possession. My wife immediately called Detective Holbert of the Fort Worth Auto Theft Task Unit that night at his home and explained what had happened that day. My shop has worked quite closely with him for several years. I called the Saginaw PD, the Fort Worth Sheriff's dispatch and Duncanville PD. Detective Holbert was the first one to jump on it and had Detective Pete Henz call us immediately. At this point, we also notified the owner we thought we had his wagon via email on this forum. That is how I found out about his stolen Lancer - I stumbled upon this forum!

I had my truck stolen once, but I got it back pretty quickly! I am sure if one of my "special vehicles" was stolen, it would drive me crazy! Our biggest concern was to get it back to the rightful owner ASAP!

My wife and I own and operate Ramsey's Rods and Stated Value Auto Appraisal Co., Inc. We are both Texas State Licensed Insurance Adjusters and Certified Vehicle Appraisers. We have been married over 20 years and work together every day! If you ever have any restoration questions or insurance / appraisal needs, don't hesitate to call us. Better yet, come on by, or visit us on our websites: ramseysrods.com and statedvalue.com

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL YOU HOTRODDERS!

Stephen and Denise Ramsey

I for one appreciate what you have done for Hyper-Pak and we are pleased to have you as a member here also. Please stay and post your knowlege will be invaluable.

Welcome

What an AWESOME ending to a sad story. Ramsey, yall are TOP NOTCH. Congrats Hyper_Pak. Glad you got her back.

Not one to be good with words,but I can say it's an awesome feeling to know that you did the right thing by getting in touch with HP,that makes you one of the GOOD GUYS in my book !!THANK YOU !!!:cheers:

-
Back