Stolen 1962 Dodge Lancer Station Wagon DFW Texas

-
Wow, what a great story. You were lucky, a big thumbs up for the resto guys.

Man this is good news i knew with all the stuff u was doing to let it be knowed that they could not sell it and u not get it back thats a vary good story

congratulations! good to see a bad situation righted.

if i was in the ft. worth area i'd go shake the hands of these fine people. kudos to them for making the effort. may good fortune come their way.

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!! Congratualtions and a big Thank You to the folks at Ramsey's Rods for the honesty and effort.

I can't believe it!!! GREAT NEWS!!!

You've done such nice work to it, I look forward to seeing Lancersaurus completed.

burg

Hurray! The little wagon found its way home! This totally made my morning! SO great to hear how FABO helped those excellent people find you to return your wagon. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

that's fantastic news! may the good karma go to those people responsible for returning the car to the rightfull owner. standing ovation to you!

Unbelievable great news! It is heartening to know that there are such standup people in our world. It's nice to hear that everything turned out so well.

Grant

Today news reporter, Steve Stoler, from Channel 8 DFW, interviewed Stan Aiton and Adrian Britton about the recent theft recovery of Stan's 1962 Dodge Lancer Station Wagon. The story will air tonight at 10:00 Dallas time.

I know I am resurrecting an old thread, but I got to wondering about this today as I had not heard that the Lancer had been recovered. I am really glad to hear that everything worked out.

I know I am resurrecting an old thread, but I got to wondering about this today as I had not heard that the Lancer had been recovered. I am really glad to hear that everything worked out.

Thanks for the post, I have been real busy since I got my new job. As soon as november gets here I hope to make some more progress with the Wagon! Watch for pictures, and I appreciate the support!

Anything ever happen to the guy that sold it to the Ramsey's?

No the "uncle" who was holding it for the "nephew" gave back all the cash and the cops believed his story, so they let him go. The cops never would tell me about the "nephew" but just that he had a bunch of charges against him and I am pretty sure he is in jail for a long time by now. Sad story with a happy ending for me, now I just need to get her back on the road. Advice for anybody, don't think it wont happen to you, it can happen to anyone. Lock and disable your stuff, at least make it hard for the crooks. If I had taken the tires off my trailer and put them inside they would never have taken my stuff in the first place.

Advice for anybody, don't think it wont happen to you, it can happen to anyone. Lock and disable your stuff, at least make it hard for the crooks. If I had taken the tires off my trailer and put them inside they would never have taken my stuff in the first place.

I agree, but we should not have to go to such measures, just makes me sad that people do this.

Glad you got er back!

No the "uncle" who was holding it for the "nephew" gave back all the cash and the cops believed his story, so they let him go. The cops never would tell me about the "nephew" but just that he had a bunch of charges against him and I am pretty sure he is in jail for a long time by now. Sad story with a happy ending for me, now I just need to get her back on the road. Advice for anybody, don't think it wont happen to you, it can happen to anyone. Lock and disable your stuff, at least make it hard for the crooks. If I had taken the tires off my trailer and put them inside they would never have taken my stuff in the first place.

I'm glad you got your car back, and that's some great advice about the trailer tires. One thing I would add, there's some amazing technology available today that can make recovery of a stolen vehicle or trailer very quick - a GPS tracker. You mount it in a hidden and secure location, set up the software, and track it on your smartphone or pc in real time.

If someone steals your vehicle or trailer, a motion sensor activates the tracking system. You get a notification from the application every 5 minutes while it's in motion, and you can see where it is at that very moment. Police can be called to follow it and recover it before they get a chance to hide it.

I've heard good things from a friend about these guys http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/category/gps+tracking.do , but there's others out there.

-
Back