Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Most tool guys I've dealt with have had trans troubles. A lot of stop and go I guess
I lost reverse a few weeks ago. Just a broken band but the tranny needs to come apart to fix it. Something got screwed up. The torque convetter won't lock up when warm and o/d is just barely there.

Chris, you need to stay away from the news. That noise is only likely to give you another seizure. Nothing in the World has changed, we just get to hear about it instantly.

You can choose to ignore the noise and catch up with World events on your time when you feel like it and temper your response to it.

Don't become a sucker for the "Artificial Urgency" that the press creates to make you feel like all the news is immediately imperative like it's the end of the World.

Sometimes I think the Press is in collusion with the Pharmaceutical manufacturers of high blood pressure meds and anti-depressants. (joke)
Hmmmm interesting points

wazzup with that?
mostly a headache - a little bit is the BS with my BIL scooter. I went and bought new batteries for it yesterday that were supposed to be fully charged and ready to use... YEA - not. So I installed them and expected the thing to just work, so another day gone and I still don't know if it's just the batteries or if the thing has a deeper issue - a little pissed off at the dickheads that sold me the batteries

I would really like to deliver it to him on Friday before we go on vacation.. gonna be close. And the M/C on the Scamp is still fighting me.. having trouble finding the correct adapter for the back reservoir. So rather than leave it on the car leaking away for another night, I took it off - now I am going to drain the SOB and take it with me to the parts store - which I guess I should have done in the first place..

mostly a headache - a little bit is the BS with my BIL scooter. I went and bought new batteries for it yesterday that were supposed to be fully charged and ready to use... YEA - not. So I installed them and expected the thing to just work, so another day gone and I still don't know if it's just the batteries or if the thing has a deeper issue - a little pissed off at the dickheads that sold me the batteries
Are they like the little M/C batterys that come with the electrolyte on the side. Maybe they loaded them and handed them to you.

I would really like to deliver it to him on Friday before we go on vacation.. gonna be close. And the M/C on the Scamp is still fighting me.. having trouble finding the correct adapter for the back reservoir. So rather than leave it on the car leaking away for another night, I took it off - now I am going to drain the SOB and take it with me to the parts store - which I guess I should have done in the first place..
I'm confused, what are you trying to do and how would an adapter plate stop a leak?

it really got under my skin yesterday when I realized those batteries where NOT good to go... damn near $200 and I DIDN'T get what I thought I had paid for... thinking they were fine I started looking for other issues with the scooter - which wasted my time - which made me madder.. which equals headache... and here we are - LOL

Last edited:
LOL - brake line adapter - need to finish the M/C install on the Scamp - got the bracket and the booster in and good to go
Crap man I went through the fitting search when I did boat trailer brakes. Finally found those 2 fittings for $30 and 3 days later. The corroded originals snapped at disassembly. Cracked the female nut putting one of the lines on. Oh, I can't get that 8" rubber line with female ends as all the new stuff comes with male ends. Screw it, order all new lines from m/c, new distribution block, and new lines the wheel cylinders and run it all through 20ft. of enclosed frame rails. No adapters needed. The kit was not much more than a local was going to charge me to make up a line. :BangHead: A dime holding up a dollar. lol But dammit, after going to half dozen parts stores and 2 different hydraulic shop I got them damn fittings lol They some pretty chrome fittings just sitting in my toolbox.

Last edited:
scooter = Merits scooter (not M/C) - it's a handicap access vehicle
I kinda figured you were talking about one of the mobility ones when you mentioned sealed batteries. I have one here that the wife's sister used to use. I wouldn't know where to begin to trouble shoot one of those. It was a PITA just to get to the batteries someone before me disconnected. Had to partially dismantle the seat carriage assembly and actuators that move the seat up and down and recline to get the covers off.

-
Back