Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
question, there doesnt appear to very many 64 polara 4 doors out there these days.most seem to end up as parts cars. Wondering if it'd be worth trying to keep it original with correct dated stuff or not?
Probably only if it was a survivor. You'll probably need to pay big bucks for parts to do that and no way it will add up on final value. Now, to keep it original looking, yes. I tried to do that with my Duster. Not a valuable car, so by keeping it all stock looking, base, slant etc What was once everywhere, is now less common than every car having a high HP 8, hood scoops, stripes etc...

Probably only if it was a survivor. You'll probably need to pay big bucks for parts to do that and no way it will add up on final value. Now, to keep it original looking, yes. I tried to do that with my Duster. Not a valuable car, so by keeping it all stock looking, base, slant etc What was once everywhere, is now less common than every car having a high HP 8, hood scoops, stripes etc...
yeah. i hear ya

Good morning guys. There's some nice 4 doors out there but they are usually survivors. It costs as much to restore a 64 Sport Fury as it does a 4 door Fury. The restored Sport Fury will fetch $50,000 where the 4 doors sell for $5000. Your choice.

well, the phone call ive been expecting for 4 days has just been received. my grandmother passed about 45 minutes ago now

Good morning guys. There's some nice 4 doors out there but they are usually survivors. It costs as much to restore a 64 Sport Fury as it does a 4 door Fury. The restored Sport Fury will fetch $50,000 where the 4 doors sell for $5000. Your choice.
dude, if you ever see a 64 sport fury, PLEASE let me know. it was my grandfather's first car, 383 4 speed. in blue. I dont care how rusted out the thing is, there's two cars that I'd buy regardless of rust/condition if the price is right. a 70 340 cuda and a 64 sport fury.

well, the phone call ive been expecting for 4 days has just been received. my grandmother passed about 45 minutes ago now

You have my sympathy, Chris. She obviously had some struggles and now she is free of them, and from her life you gained qualities even though you weren't on good terms.

dude, if you ever see a 64 sport fury, PLEASE let me know. it was my grandfather's first car, 383 4 speed. in blue. I dont care how rusted out the thing is, there's two cars that I'd buy regardless of rust/condition if the price is right. a 70 340 cuda and a 64 sport fury.
When I was in the Navy, I had a 64 Sport Fury, convertible. 426 Auto. Sold it like a dumb *** after I got married. Had it almost 20 years.

When I was in the Navy, I had a 64 Sport Fury, convertible. 426 Auto. Sold it like a dumb *** after I got married. Had it almost 20 years.
That seems to happen to most of us... get married, the toys go away :(

Not for sale but owned by a friend. Just got it done this spring. It had a poly. Now a Fitech injected 440.

2017013195180051.jpg

2016122895181913.jpg

083.jpg

090.jpg

I could spend another 1/2 a day up in that dang loft area... just brutal. I did find some great pieces of hard wood though - too dark to be sure what they are, but they aren't pine - way too heavy.

now that the roofers have bashed the hell out of the rafters in there, I am thinking this might be a good time to do something to keep the dust down - but what? Great Stuff? Insulation?

I could spend another 1/2 a day up in that dang loft area... just brutal. I did find some great pieces of hard wood though - too dark to be sure what they are, but they aren't pine - way too heavy.
no pictures of your hard wood ? :thankyou::rofl:

So that's your new place to play with the hard wood. Up in the loft.

-
Back