Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I think we may need to get ready for more and more weather like this.
Maybe. The road is on the 500 year flood plain so it isn't like it hasn't happened in the past at some point. I remember a Summer storm in 1987 that dumped 8" of rain here in about 2 hours and flooded everything. I think we just tend to forget how dynamic the weather really is and lose sight of what has actually been going on for the past 1000 years where we live.

People often quote the weather record and say how things have changed, but it's really only 150 years old. The geological record tells us far more and 30,000 years ago all of Northern PA was under hundreds of feet of solid ice and it lasted for millennia, gouging out the Great Lakes. A few hundred thousand years ago, Alaska was a tropical rainforest and humans walked across from Asia to get to North America.

Global Climate change? Yeah...it's been going on since the planet was formed. The only constant on this planet...is change.

Last edited:
Maybe. The road is on the 500 year flood plain so it isn't like it hasn't happened in the past at some point. I remember a Summer storm in 1987 that dumped 8" of rain here in about 2 hours and flooded everything. I think we just tend to forget how dynamic the weather really is and loose sight of what has actually been going on for the past 1000 years where we live.

People often quote the weather record and say how things have changed, but it's really only 150 years old. The geological record tells us far more and 30,000 years ago all of Northern PA was under hundreds of feet of solid ice and it lasted for millennia, gouging out the Great Lakes. A few hundred thousand years ago, Alaska was a tropical rainforest and humans walked across from Asia to get to North America.

Global Climate change? Yeah...it's been going on since the planet was formed. The only constant on this planet...is change.
AND Beer, thank God!!:lol:

A 926 lb Mako Shark was caught off New Jersey today setting a new state record. It took 2 hrs to land it...

800.jpg

Hey @Ddaddy, if you need some inspiration for your photoshopping skills, here are some snaps from an art exhibit we went to in Helsingborg the other day.

IMG_8957.JPG
IMG_8958.JPG
IMG_8959.JPG
IMG_8960.JPG
IMG_8961.JPG
IMG_8962.JPG
IMG_8963.JPG

-
Back