Supercuda's on the way back...after18 years!

-
I think you are right on the brown wire. Hard to see but it appears to go to the washer pump.

IMG_3964.JPG

Thanks for the response guys.
qkcuda, I'm sure now by looking at your picture that the brown wire is for the electric washer pump. Thanks for posting it!

69_340_GTS , You are correct that my car didn't come with an electric choke but I think the new wiring harness I have that's made by M&H for Year One may be more generic and include extra wiring that was used in later models up to 1975. BTW, does anyone know if later years had an electric choke??
Thanks again for the reply.

Thanks hemidart67 !!

BTW, can anyone tell me if I can use an LA oil filter adapter plate on a 360 Magnum engine?

Thanks Guys.

Starting to run into some irritating problems during reassembly, in particular, heater fan switch runs in off or full speed only. Probably resistor on heater box which I checked before reassembly but that means nothing as it is the original part.. Anyone know if this resistor is available through aftermarket? E-bay price is stupid!!

Thanks guys.

qkcuda, I'm sure now by looking at your picture that the brown wire is for the electric washer pump. Thanks for posting it!

69_340_GTS , You are correct that my car didn't come with an electric choke but I think the new wiring harness I have that's made by M&H for Year One may be more generic and include extra wiring that was used in later models up to 1975. BTW, does anyone know if later years had an electric choke??

70+ 340 use a blue wire to energize the idle stop solenoid. The electric choke came around 1973 if i remember right.

Thanks Cuda_ragtop!

Hey Philcollins, thanks for the help in identifying the wiring. Obviously ,the new M&H wiring harness I ordered for a 1968 Barracuda
is a generic harness although I did ask to have it modified for electronic ignition.
Many thanks to you and qkcuda for the help. Great to know that there are some members on here willing to help a guy out.
Thanks again.

About that green wire,which terminal (in the bulkhead) does it come from? I know there is a green wire going to the wiper motor...
Hi Philcollins,

Got that covered, wiper motor is hooked up and running. Put the key in accessory mode and used a test lamp to see if I got 12v at either wire ..no luck. I would assume that I would have voltage in accessory mode with an electric washer system or an electric choke if that is what these wires are for. I need a 70 and up wiring diagram as Im sure its different than my 68 Cuda.
Thanks for the thought though!!

Ok so its been a while since I posted. I had major electrical problems, one of which may be of interest to anyone doing the Ammeter to Voltmeter conversion in the rallye dash. Short version is that when I converted the ammeter to a voltmeter by using the movement from a voltmeter with the ammeter's faceplate, I forgot to insulate the posts so they wouldn't short against the gauge clusters metal housing. This resulted in an intermittent short whenever the wiring harness moved and caused everything to shut down. Real ***** to diagnose and I only discovered it after removing the new M & H harness that I had just installed as well as the steering column ,the heater box and all the switches and finally disassembling the gauge cluster. I also found heater switch wasn't working but solved that problem by cleaning it up with electrical contact cleaner. Worked perfectly !! Heater now works awesome! As well, found a broken terminal on the new ignition switch I had installed and after soldering that, that problem was corrected.
Whew!! So glad that's over!! New pics coming.

My M&H for my 67 didnt have a choke wire. I had to add that in.

Hey moparmat2000,
I had to do the same. I'm thinking the extra wires I have in my harness are for the windshield washer pump. Be great to hear from anyone who can identify these wires for me.
Anyone????

Awesome work! Hats off to you.
Im not sure but with washer pump would you need key ON and washer switch pushed IN to activate pump? (Depending on which switch you have) Some were foot/pump operated. Just thinking out loud...

Awesome work! Hats off to you.
Im not sure but with washer pump would you need key ON and washer switch pushed IN to activate pump? (Depending on which switch you have) Some were foot/pump operated. Just thinking out loud...
Thanks 4spdragtop, I do have the foot operated pump but I believe the harness I bought has provisions for the electric pump

-
Back