Supercuda's on the way back...after18 years!

-
brings back memories my first car was a 67 cuda fastback in 1977. After 3 motors and 2 trannys i gave it to a local kid for his first car.

Thanks for the post qkcuda!

That should do the trick. Couple of questions.. will the fan I have mounted to my present clutch ( NOS Mopar clutch fan assembly) bolt to this?

Who did you order this from?

Thanks very much for letting me know about this!!!

Yes it fits standard Chrysler fans, mine is the MP 5 blade unit. I see Summit is showing them in stock. You may curse at me when you put it on, there isn't much room between the clutch and the flange to get the bolts started.

Yes it fits standard Chrysler fans, mine is the MP 5 blade unit. I see Summit is showing them in stock. You may curse at me when you put it on, there isn't much room between the clutch and the flange to get the bolts started.

Don't worry qkcuda!! done enough swearing on the car already ! Try working under the dash if you want to see hands and fingers shredded. LOL !!
Thanks for the info though...ordering it today just to be on the safe side.

brings back memories my first car was a 67 cuda fastback in 1977. After 3 motors and 2 trannys i gave it to a local kid for his first car.

Wonder if he still has it ole340??

I still have mine only I paid 750.00 for it. Never had someone cut me a solid like you did and gift me my first car.
Would be really interesting to hear what happened to it after the kid got it.

Finally...Ole Supercuda is back on her feet after 2-1/2 years.

Hers's some pics of the latest progress.

DSCN5180.JPG
DSCN5181.JPG
DSCN5182.JPG
DSCN5183.JPG
DSCN5189.JPG
DSCN5190.JPG
DSCN5192.JPG
DSCN5193.JPG

And.... one of her stablemates!!

DSCN5194.JPG

This Willys belongs to my friend John Best who is responsible for the sheetmetal work and paint on my car. Also helping me reassemble it.

Ya, I think you're right qkcuda... not smiling near as much as her owner though!! I'm so ready to drive this car after so long waiting I can hardly stand it!!

Thanks a56!
Ya, the tinted glass was one of the things I considered when picking the color.
It looks even better when the white interior is installed as the contrasts between all the colors is amazing!!

Appreciate you and everyone else who has posted following along with my build. Sure helps with the motivation especially when going through the tough times !!!

Thanks a56!
Ya, the tinted glass was one of the things I considered when picking the color.
It looks even better when the white interior is installed as the contrasts between all the colors is amazing!!

Appreciate you and everyone else who has posted following along with my build. Sure helps with the motivation especially when going through the tough times !!!
Looks awesome, great Job! Do you paint the the sheetmetal around the cooler and headlights flatblack?

Looks awesome, great Job! Do you paint the the sheetmetal around the cooler and headlights flatblack?

Thanks plymouth4onthefloor!!

I'm going to mount the grills temporarily first to see how it looks, then Ill decide if ill black it out. Leaning towards blacking it out though.

Thanks plymouth4onthefloor!!

I'm going to mount the grills temporarily first to see how it looks, then Ill decide if ill black it out. Leaning towards blacking it out though.
It looks mostly better on light colours, they did also from the factory. I'm looking forward to the finished car.

Thanks 67redcudavert,

I think when all the trim is installed with the grills and bumpers, this color will really come alive. I took the front valence outside in the sun after it was painted and the color was amazing! Really pops!!

It looks mostly better on light colours, they did also from the factory. I'm looking forward to the finished car.

Thanks again plymouth4onthe floor !

Ya, I'm really looking forward to finishing it too... Can't come soon enough!!

Hey guys,
I need to set the ride height of my car with the alterkation front end components. As of now, the car seems really low at 30" from the top of the fender to the floor . Looks great but I don't want it bottoming out . It would be great if I could get ride height measurements from some of you members like the one I took in the picture.
Thanks much!!

DSCN5190.JPG

Hey guys,
I need to set the ride height of my car with the alterkation front end components. As of now, the car seems really low at 30" from the top of the fender to the floor . Looks great but I don't want it bottoming out . It would be great if I could get ride height measurements from some of you members like the one I took in the picture.
Thanks much!!

View attachment 1715131681

This is the best I could do juggling my phone and the tape measure at lunch time. You may be about 1 inch lower than I am. It also depends on the height of your front tire. Mine is a 215/60-15 which is just a bit over 25 inches tall.

fender height.jpg

This is the best pic I could find of the car at rest. I think when I was adjusting the torsion bars I measured the fender lip at about 26 inches, so less than one inch above the top of the tire.

Cayuga pits.jpeg

Thanks qkcuda!

An inch difference is not too bad, I thought it was a lot more. I'm too used to seeing and working on the car on jackstands I guess.

BTW, is your car color turbine bronze? looks great and really suits the Cuda fastback body style!!

Mine is Saddle Bronze T7, the light was hitting it just right in the last pic. I think what you are thinking about is Bronze Fire which is T5.

Ya, Bronze fire it is. Its the color I was originally going to paint my car until I found the Ember Glow pearl.
BTW, there's some serious rubber on the back of your car!! Drag radials??

Nice!! Looks like ole qkcuda launches pretty hard!!

-
Back