Sway Bar Length?

-

72Dart6pack

Harder Better Faster Stronger.
Reaction score
Question? What is the length between the mounting holes on a 68 to 72 A body sway bar? There must be a general measurement. Factory location. Not aftermarket. Any info or past posting would help. Thanks.

Do you mean the holes in the K-frame for the brackets? Those holes are already present on every K-frame I've seen. Or do you mean the distance from end to end for the endlinks?

Endlink to Endlink distance is what I need. If there were several mopar sway bars in a pile. How would you know the difference between let's say a B body or C Body or A body? There must be a measurement?

Yes. I have one off the car in my carport rafters -- I'll go out and measure this for you.

44 inches center to center on the end link holes.

BTW that's a factory 67 A-body bar. 67-72 would be the same.

Thank you. I'll keep this posting open and see if someone else chimes in on my quest for a length. 67 to 72 A Body.

Hmm, that old thread, without photos, is more confusing than helpful. Dragging in the 73-up swaybar measurements is just confusing the issue -- there is no resemblance to the parts or how they attach. I think I've settled the question -- I provided an end-to-end measurement for the 67-72 factory sway bar. Any aftermarket bars would have to be within some fraction of this dimension, or they won't work.

Yeah that posting is hard to follow. But the gentleman was nice enough to give me a link to it. I'll go with 44 inches. Thanks

I converted mine (67) to a later K/ later anti sway, so anything I have now is incorrect. Too bad about that thread, OldManMopar had some great photos of the differences

Now you guys know? why I ***** about the "new improved" software?

The 66-69 B-body sway bar is extremely close looking. But it's 1/2" to 1" wider than the 67-72 A-body peice.

So 44 inchs is still my target to locate the correct one? Thanks.

-
Back