tach that will work on 6.4 with factory computer/wiring

-

ace26

Reaction score
So I have a fairly old Auto Meter tach on the duster now, you can adjust it for 4cyl,6cyl,or 8 cyl, only way i've seen to make it work is to get an adapter that has to splice into all 8 coil wires. Don't want to do that. Was looking at some of the speedhut tachs would they work with say a msd gmr hookup and setting the tach to .5? Any advice from any who have already been down this road would be much appreciated. Thnx

Already have the GMR pickup will not work with a gauge unless you can set it to single cylinder operation, because of how the new hemi's fire. The Auto Meter converter requires you to splice into all 8 of your coil wires.

I have the the speedhut tach on my 5.7 you just hook it up to one coil pack positive wire feeding the coil. I think you have to program it but it is real simple and the tech support there is great. I replaced all my guages with speed hut. Speedo is GPS

8859FC5D-997C-4D48-898C-2A6077D187E4.png

Called speed hut and talked with them ended up buying 1 ,price was nice also.

Logan did you put the Speedhut gauges in a Barracuda? I am restomoding a 1967 Barracuda and was wondering what size gauges you went with and how they fit. Don't mean to hijack the thread can send pm if you want.

Logan did you put the Speedhut gauges in a Barracuda? I am restomoding a 1967 Barracuda and was wondering what size gauges you went with and how they fit. Don't mean to hijack the thread can send pm if you want.
I was also wondering the same thing

IMG_3009.PNG
You can use the msd and the Dakota digital to make it work.Just done this and mine works fine with auto meter tach. This is from Hotwireauto website

The speed hut Speedo and Quad gauge 4 1/2 fits opening of 4.24 I think the bezel ring is around 4.5. The cluster openings are about 5 inches or just a bit smaller. So I made some bezel rings that where just under a 1/4” I can take some measurements again in has been a few years and I lost all of the pics I had of how to put together. If someone is interested in them I can get some more made fairly cheap and powder coated when I say cheap I mean cheap. It will probably cost more to ship. The Tach was totally different, opening was too small to fit in hole. It was the smallest tach they have. So I removed the outer bezel and and built a bracket on the back of the pot metal cluster housing and used bolts like jack bolts to hold it down. Works great the gauge hasn’t moved a bit with more than 50,000 miles on it and monthly autocross.

-
Back