Temperature issue...99 Exploder...

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
So...the wife calls me the other day, ain't got no heat. Pull it in the garage, heat control valve is leaking. Drained the cooling system, supposed to have 3 gallons...got about half that. Replaced the valve. Went out and bought 2 gallons of coolant and 2 gallons of distilled water. Put 2 gallons in it, put the pressure tester on it to check for leaks. 3 hours later, same amount of pressure. Between the topping off the radiator and filling the overflow tank took a touch over a gallon....so it is full. Started it up...let it idle...20 minutes later hoses are barely warm to the touch...it has nuclear level heat...and oem temp gauge is right where it has been for the last 15 years. Hooked up my OBDII scanner....195* on a 192* t-stat. Hmmm......Got both my infrared thermometers and went for a ride. Scanner read anyplace from 192*-197*. Got out and checked multiple spots with both infrared thermometers...highest reading was 135*. Have access to the bottom of the t-stat housing.....140*. Hmmmm.....plugged in my other obdII scanner...read identical to the other one. Ain't got time to mess with it...going for lab work tomorrow...surgery Monday....

-
Back