Tennessee

-
Hey valiant. There are many other Mopar freaks in Tennessee. I had my 66 Barracuda in Cleveland for the cruise-in last night and a friend had his 65 Valiant there also. There are many Mopar guys in Ringgold, Ga. where I work at Advance Auto Parts. Sexton's Performance on Hwy 41 in Ringgold is a big Mopar man. He has probably 30 Mopars of various kinds and years. Carl is a cool guy.

I'm in Knoxville and just picked up my 3rd (1st driveable) mopar: a 69 Dart Custom 4-dr with 225 \6. I've had 70 Superbee and 68 Coronet 500 that both turned into projects that were out of my league (money and time) so I don't have them now. The Dart was kept really well but got smacked (or driver smacked something) before I got it. I'm looking for driver's side headlight bezel and fender.

This car has got me thinking about putting together a trip/tour of sorts as one of my friends did one with some motorcycle buds. They called it a '555' where the bikes had to be (1) $500 or less (2) pre-75 and (3) 500cc or less. They went from Knoxville all the way to Seattle on these junkers and had a blast! I was wanting to do a '123': the cars have to be (1) $1000 or less (2) pre-72 and (3) 300 cid or less. Not mopar specific necessarily. I don't know about going all the way to the west coast, but destination can be discussed. It helps to have someone at the other end that can host the tour party for a day or so and show 'em around or to time it right with some sort of event (car or whatever). I thought of starting in K-town or Atlanta as a central spot for SE guys. Any interest?

Hey roadrunner42. Ringgold isn't too terribly far from me. You know anyone with a '69 Dart driver's fender? I already called carl. Thanks!

... This car has got me thinking about putting together a trip/tour of sorts as one of my friends did one with some motorcycle buds. They called it a '555' where the bikes had to be (1) $500 or less (2) pre-75 and (3) 500cc or less. They went from Knoxville all the way to Seattle on these junkers and had a blast! I was wanting to do a '123': the cars have to be (1) $1000 or less (2) pre-72 and (3) 300 cid or less. Not mopar specific necessarily. I don't know about going all the way to the west coast, but destination can be discussed. It helps to have someone at the other end that can host the tour party for a day or so and show 'em around or to time it right with some sort of event (car or whatever). I thought of starting in K-town or Atlanta as a central spot for SE guys. Any interest?

Welcome to FABO OleNate! It's great to have you aboard. Why are all the other Tennessee folks on the east side???? Wahhhhhhh

Personally, I think you'll get more participation / interest if the cubic inch limitation was higher. My 340 disqualifies me :-(. (Not that I get outta the shop much, but it would sure be fun! Kinda like a Mopar Power Tour.)

Enjoy this great site and its wonderful members. You'll have a blast here.

Old Nate,
Does it have to be a '69? What are you wanting to spend? I know where there are a bunch of old '67-69 Darts in a junkyard. Not in the best shape but I've seen worse.
Drop me a P.M. or e-mail if you're interested in checking them out.
Adios Amigo,

That's ok, folks. I think I'm going fiberglass. Looks like I'd be spending the same per fender with what people want just for a useable steely...

I'm new to the site from Rock Island. A little south of Cookeville. I get up around the Crossville area a little too ( I got my Volare wagon from up there). Joined because my dads got a 72 Duster. Didnt really know there was many Mopar guys around these parts :hello2:

Welcome aboard Crash1! It's terrific to have you here. Add yourself to the FABO Member Map (in the General Discussion Forum) so the rest of us can find you.

There's more Mopar guys around here than I thought too ... but only one CudaChick. LOL ;-)

Make yourself at home and enjoy the site as much as we all do.

Didn't see a lot of members from Western part of the state. So howdy from Memphis.:toothy10:

I tried to add myself to the map with no luck. Im about an hour southeast of Nashville. I enjoy checking out the site and seems like a lot of friendly people here

I seen a black 72 Duster with a vinyl top at the Crossville Walmart Saturday night. Wondering if it was anybodys on here? Looked pretty good

I havent but I will keep an eye out. I think the warmer weather (besides today) will help get these cars out of the garage again

the black duster, yellow one with the blower , orange 340 black top , red 340 4 speed , 67 dart gt blue with 17 and 18 on it a the blue 67 dart gt rag top and the 71 brown 340 running around crossville are mine i live out on 127 south past the state park total duster 15 total darts 6 and the black r/t dakota with shaker hood ,cuda exhaust and chrome 17 r/t wheels mine too give me a shout badlilred 79 mike 931 788 2873 the cruise start april 20 i think

I'll add my name to the list.I'm from nashville but live in Lafayette Tn,about 60 miles north of Nashville.

im in tn cookeville area still looking for 68 hemi cuda with big orange on the doors

I moved to Clarksville about 2 1/2years ago. I have a '66 Valiant Signet hardtop, it's a 25 footer but is a bit of a rust bucket.

-
Back