Thanksgiving Tradition from 1967

-

goldfish65

Reaction score
This is a classic American song from when our Mopars were new...Arlo Guthrie explains it as an "anti-stupidity" song...here is a taste of something uniquely American for our members from other countries to enjoy along with us. It has become popular to play this on Thanksgiving Day.

I just heard it on a local radio station.

KLOS Los Angeles Thanksgiving day. I always planned our southern adventures to the family outings just to hear Arlo on KLOS :lol:

I have been listening to this song every thanksgiving for 40 years, and my children were raised on this traditional thanksgiving song, and look forward to listening to it every year. This year my oldest daughter (27)shows up for thanksgiving with her boyfriend, and he says to me, you wouldn't believe what i just had to listen to on the way here ! She made me listen to a song, but it wasn't really a song, just a lot of talking, and it was like 23 minutes long, so I said, did it have anything to do about littering? LOL. Well last year, my youngest daughter had a soccer tournament in Stockbridge mass, and I couldn't resist taking the wife and daughter to Alice's resteraunt, and drove around the church. They were surprised that they still exist, and in the center of town they have all sorts of folk festival activities,and art shows. There is also an Arlo Guthrie summer camp. It's a beautiful part of the state, even went to tanglewood music amphitheater, but I just kept a close eye out for Bill Cosby at the bars.

My family used to always watch "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad world" on Thanksgiving.

You guys DO REALIZE that what these imbeciles were doing is illegally dumping garbage!!!?? LMFAO!!!

"................was a big sign and a chain across across the
Dump saying, "Closed on Thanksgiving." And we had never heard of a dump
Closed on Thanksgiving before, and with tears in our eyes we drove off
Into the sunset looking for another place to put the garbage.

We didn't find one. Until we came to a side road, and off the side of the
Side road there was another fifteen foot cliff and at the bottom of the
Cliff there was another pile of garbage. And we decided that one big pile
Is better than two little piles, and rather than bring that one up we
Decided to throw our's down."

Yes, teenagers/young people who did a dumb, illegal thing. Maybe he has paid back his debt to society with some of the good things he's done, since.

-
Back