The "Black Menace" is pretty forlorn, LOL

-
I'm glad to see this back in paint. Keep chippin away at the list... You'll be in the seat before ya know it.

Looks good Del. And from here forward it is going back together, so maybe it will provide some incentive to keep at it. I am sure it will have been worth it when she's done - ask me how I know!
C

I'm going to need "more than" luck, LOL. Getting the door and window seals back in will be a big stumbing block for me, I think.

Glad to see you back Del. Car looks great! New black just has that "I'm in your face" look. Sounds like you have your plan of attack laid out............you'll just have to work around giving electrical training! Slowly but surely it'll come together.

Well a nice if not cold day. It was 24 when I started about 8:30, and the trailer bed was FROSTY. Loaded it up to take to the glass shop. They will put the front/ rear glass in. The paint doesn't look that good here. It's already got dust on it, and maybe some frost

Actually about 34 now at about noon

The extended framework is a scab frame I welded up, bolted to the bumper mounts and extending back to pins in holes in the frame just in front of the suspension. this is for lifting the car with a hoist so I can lift the body up and over the engine / K member when the time comes.

Attachments

• _MG_7544cs.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 2,595
Slow. I've had side issues (unrelated). "Just got done" today yardin' out the little shed so I have room to wiggle, and work on the engine. I hope, about Tues, to start putting the engine together. that alone will be slow, as I had to grind the pushrod holes on the 340 heads for the pushrod angle on the roller LA block. So I'll have to test fit those, and make at least one pair of shortened pushrods to check with.

Then, re--install the valve springs on both heads, and get 'em on there. This is a new short block I picked up, 360 roller. I have a re-ground cam from Oregon grinders, and have to get that in there.

My arthritis, and energy, is way way down. Seems to take me forever to get things done

I have to "get out of bed" about 4 - 5 times a day. Everytime I sit down for a rest, getting back up is a painful exercise. If I wasn't so damn stubborn, I'd chuck the whole thing LOL

-
Back