The Mack truck

-
I remember something about the gold bulldog meaning it was a front to back MACK
The joke about the bulldog is why does it face forward? So one asshole can look at the other. Why don’t they tun it around? They don’t want two assholes running down the road at the same time.

I went to a show a few years back, and I joked that maybe I'd see a Brockway, it was the only name I didn't see. Well over 300 trucks, but that was the only absent nameplate. A hell of a show, but I walked away missing a few percent.
Brockway has a devoted but small following. I know they have, or at least had pre-covid, an annual convention every summer in Cortland.

Didn't brockway use mack cabs?

Always been curious what the difference was?
Mack had bought out Brockway several years before they shut them down. So there was probably a great deal of consolidation of design resources. I'm pretty sure the fenders on the one I pictured are fiberglass replacements intended for Macks.

Yesterday on my way home, I saw an international/navistar 3500 seies crew cab flabed.

It clearly had a chevy/gmc cab with a custom hood/fender/grill.

Interesting.

I miss the Sterling former ford louisville bodies and Sterling branded heavy Dodge/Rams.

I started driving in 1976. Drove a few Brockways in my early career. Pieces of **** for sure. They rode like crap. Had wood floors. Rattled to beat the band. Headlight's bounced around like a disco ball just to name a few.

Didn't brockway use mack cabs?

Always been curious what the difference was?
yes brockway used the F model cab for 2 decades, so did hays brand trucks up in cananada, mighta used some other mack cabs to, ih and brockway use to use the autocar cabs for a long time till autocar came out with the "drivers cab" that autocar, white, westernstar, and diamond reo used from late 60s on into the late 80s....

Last edited:
I started driving in 1976. Drove a few Brockways in my early career. Pieces of **** for sure. They rode like crap. Had wood floors. Rattled to beat the band. Headlight's bounced around like a disco ball just to name a few.
even peterbilt and kenworth had plywood floors way on up to at lest 87 for the petes when the 359s were fazed out for the 379s, kenworth used plywood up to 82 when thay fazed out the W900A's for the new W900B's... in the 70s thay all rode like a buck board wagon even the early air rides, late 80s mid 90s air ride got alot better but still harsh till air ride cabs took over solid mounts early 90s... im no fan of air ride cab, wanta feel what the frame dose but im old skool, grew up in them in the 70s with dad an g'pa, 5 great uncles, 30 some odd cusions, all of us just trashy *** truck driivaa's

-
Back