The PERFECT sleeper material....and it HAS a title!!!

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Just found this, the Spokamentro CL. YOU buy it I can't afford any more massive projects LOL

1960 Plymouth Valiant
1960 Plymouth Valiant - $1000

1960 Valiant 4 door with the slant 6, manual trans. All original. No damage to glass and all original trim. Minimal rust. Needs interior redone and brakes. Had a tune up last year.

00q0q_ftJO3gAGxAg_600x450.jpg

00909_afvJN2c1b60_600x450.jpg

That is incredible! Great find, @67Dart273!

If I wasn't on the other side of the continent, I'd be seriously interested in this car. Many folks would say that this year Valiant is ugly; I think it's stunning and wonderfully odd.

That is incredible! Great find, @67Dart273!

If I wasn't on the other side of the continent, I'd be seriously interested in this car. Many folks would say that this year Valiant is ugly; I think it's stunning and wonderfully odd.
That is incredible! Great Hands down the ugliest mopar ever builtfind, @67Dart273!

It's amazing those K-cars are still in service today. I have a buddy uses one as his daily.

i still say the perfect sleeper is a honda, no one would ever expect on of those to move

Volvo 240 makes a nice sleeper. They are RWD.

With the intercooled turbo 4 banger they go 13's pretty easily.

There is a bot in kit to put a LS engine in them now.

It has a Mazda 13b turbo rotary....
Seems like too much tire for so little torque
But it was originally built for a smallblock Chevy.
Can you say Wheelstander!
IMG_20170723_090342.jpg
IMG_20170723_090345.jpg

True.....
Actually I always thought that the Aries/Reliant 2 drs were a smart looking car.
I sold them new....

Guy local to me has a stroked ford falcon, 62 4 door that has about 1/2 of the rears quarters rusted out, stop signs in the floor board covering up holes, This thing looks like it belongs in a field behind a barn. Dented up and paint falling off. But look under the hood and it's 100% immaculate along with the undercarriage. It's nasty. Hilarious when he stomps a new vette owner or camaro. Has quiet exhaust but the electric cut outs, hits the switch and hauls ***

I have a 62 lancer 2 door post car complete 170 3 on tree,, SW in Missouri if anyone serious. re paint 2 yrs ago. I am in se Tx bt plan to bring it home in Nov. looking for $2500. personally I love their style.

It's amazing those K-cars are still in service today. I have a buddy uses one as his daily.

"Amazing" or "tragic?" :D
Just kidding! That is cool that our buddy still drives one and I have a ton of respect for that...but is it safe to say that he's out of the dating pool entirely?

There were definitely some neat variants of the K and of course, it's the platform that "saved" Chrysler in the 80s...but something about the early super-square small sedan/coupe body that just seems wrong...or at least, entirely passionless. Look at the body styles from just a decade earlier and it's enough to make you weep.

i still say the perfect sleeper is a honda, no one would ever expect on of those to move

Ok..so I agree with your sentiment here and I doubt I like Hondas much more than you do...but please don't take this the wrong way when I urge you to educate yourself (or risk being humiliated at the drag strip or a stop light).

Yeah, Honda "hotrods" are the antithesis of what most of us here probably love about cars...but the engineering from the OEM and the insane amounts of development from the fan base for these cars is not to be underestimated. There are some seriously quick wrong-wheel-drive Hondas out there...

...plus the S2000 and NSX are just cool and respectable performance cars, regardless of who mades them (in my opinion).

"Amazing" or "tragic?" :D
Just kidding! That is cool that our buddy still drives one and I have a ton of respect for that...but is it safe to say that he's out of the dating pool entirely?

There were definitely some neat variants of the K and of course, it's the platform that "saved" Chrysler in the 80s...but something about the early super-square small sedan/coupe body that just seems wrong...or at least, entirely passionless. Look at the body styles from just a decade earlier and it's enough to make you weep.

He's definitely out of the dating pool. He's 70+.

It's funny, he was going to sell it to me than changed his mind. I ended up buying a Volvo 240 (flying brick) Ended up being one of my top 10 favorite cars I've ever owned. I love it drive it daily. The wife even likes it. And that's saying a lot....

Ok..so I agree with your sentiment here and I doubt I like Hondas much more than you do...but please don't take this the wrong way when I urge you to educate yourself (or risk being humiliated at the drag strip or a stop light).

uh huh...thats me on the orange duster
its a little blurry, but the numbers on the right post read 10.35 and 139.06 MPH

Last edited:
but, how does the saying go...having a fast honda is like coming out of the closet, at first, people are surprised, but in the end, your still gay

How do you think people take it when you come out of the closet as a homophobe? I seriously doubt you meant any harm but come on, man. It's 2017.

But yeah... it looks like you've seen an example of a quick Honda. The streets are crawling with them and they're not really sleepers anymore...unless someone is bright enough to leave the 14" steelies and an actual muffler on it.

uh huh...thats me on the orange duster
its a little blurry, but the numbers on the right post read 10.35 and 130.06 MPH

but, how does the saying go...having a fast honda is like coming out of the closet, at first, people are surprised, but in the end, your still gay

Looks like 139mph to me. Damn, that's flying!

honda.jpg

-
Back