Thinking of buying a Street Demon Carb...

-

694spd

Reaction score
I see that Jegs has the Street Demon Carbs on sale this week for only $281. I'm thinking about buying a 625 polymer bowl one for my stock 1969 340 4-speed Dart. I planning on using the factory air cleaner, but I have read that some people have had clearance issues around the electric choke using stock air cleaners. Anybody running one of these Street Demon carbs and are using the 68-69 factory air cleaner?

I've never had anything but problems with Demon Carbs. My advice is to pass it up in lieu of a Quick Fuel or an HP series Holley.

I've got a Street Demon 750 w/polymer bowl on my 440. I'm not a tuning god like some of these guys, but have had zero problems with mine with hardly any changes out of the box. I used the Demon Air cleaner with a edelbrock Performer intake. Lokar throttle cable and kick down. No clearance issues.

I think Demon had some production issues with quality initially, but I think it's behind then since Holley acquired it. Could be wrong though. Price is right though and Summit is great on returns.

I think Demon had some production issues with quality initially, but I think it's behind then since Holley acquired it. Could be wrong though. Price is right though and Summit is great on returns.

I KNOW they did. The issue is after screwing over that many people it's awful hard to want to go back to see if it's been corrected. Or to tell someone else to go down that road.

I see that Jegs has the Street Demon Carbs on sale this week for only $281. I'm thinking about buying a 625 polymer bowl one for my stock 1969 340 4-speed Dart. I planning on using the factory air cleaner, but I have read that some people have had clearance issues around the electric choke using stock air cleaners. Anybody running one of these Street Demon carbs and are using the 68-69 factory air cleaner?
the chances of it working right out of the box are very slim... conversely, I put a Quick Fuel on my 408 - zero worries, bolted it, plumbed it, connected the throttle cable - done.

the chances of it working right out of the box are very slim... conversely, I put a Quick Fuel on my 408 - zero worries, bolted it, plumbed it, connected the throttle cable - done.

Exactely..running a quickfuel 850 stepping up to a 950 with the new stroker..best carb I ever used..

What I'm trying to do is put the car back on the road after sitting for the last 41 years in storage. The engine is all original and I still have the original AVS carb, but it will need rebuilding. I kind of looking for a new carb that will pretty much work right out of the box for the initial restart of the car next spring. I still want to use the original air cleaner if it will fit without a clearance problem.

What I'm trying to do is put the car back on the road after sitting for the last 41 years in storage. The engine is all original and I still have the original AVS carb, but it will need rebuilding. I kind of looking for a new carb that will pretty much work right out of the box for the initial restart of the car next spring. I still want to use the original air cleaner if it will fit without a clearance problem.
Edelebrock has the "Thunder series AVS". That would be direct Replacement-ish?

I've never had anything but problems with Demon Carbs. My advice is to pass it up in lieu of a Quick Fuel or an HP series Holley.

Can't go wrong with a HP from Holley..... For me I go local and use AED stuff if I can't find what I need used..... Pro-systems in another I have seen alot of people praise...

JW

Edelebrock has the "Thunder series AVS". That would be direct Replacement-ish?

I was originally leaning toward the Thunder Series AVS until I saw the price of the Street Demon yesterday, but after reading some of the talk on the Demon, I'm now rethinking the idea of getting the Thunder Series AVS.
I just looked at the Holley HP Series on line and I see that none of them have a choke, so they are pretty much a race carb. My 340 is bone stock. I'm looking for something a little tamer.

Holley bought Demon out sometime ago. Quality now is WAY better than when Barry Grant Owned the company. These new Street Demons are fine carburetors. Everyone I know who has one loves it.

Holley bought Demon out sometime ago. Quality now is WAY better than when Barry Grant Owned the company. These new Street Demons are fine carburetors. Everyone I know who has one loves it.

If Holley owns Demon now as stated I'd give them a shot.

and hell, if Rusty says it's a fine piece it must be. I know he's a die hard Carter fan.

The question isn't pick me a carb....
I agree with Rusty and do know of guys using this newer style carb with excellent results.

If Holley owns Demon now as stated I'd give them a shot.

and hell, if Rusty says it's a fine piece it must be. I know he's a die hard Carter fan.

Well actually, I am not. They have grown on me somewhat. I am really a die hard Holley guy. Always have been. But the Carter style carburetors certainly have their place. I have an early Edelbrock 625 on my Ford truck and it runs great. Fantastic mileage for a 351M, too.

The new Street Demons are very similar in design to the Thermoquad, so how can you possibly go wrong?

Sorry the Demon carb. I bought was a piece of ****..gave em' a try they failed..haven't heard 1 bad thing about Quickfuel carbs. and my 850 has performed flawlessly.."street demons are like t.q.'s" I sure hope they're better we always threw the "thermobogs" in the trash..along with stock exh.manifolds..

Sorry the Demon carb. I bought was a piece of ****..gave em' a try they failed..haven't heard 1 bad thing about Quickfuel carbs. and my 850 has performed flawlessly.."street demons are like t.q.'s" I sure hope they're better we always threw the "thermobogs" in the trash..along with stock exh.manifolds..

Which one did you buy?

Demons had issues with junk in the meter blocks....about 6 or 8 years ago!
My speed demon works great on my 410.

Funny how people keep a horror story going so long...
If you want to know what a real waste of money is, buy an avenger Holley and put onto a mill with some camshaft, lean pile of ****. They work 'ok' on stock cam motors.

Mighty demon 750...what a WASTE of money!!!

NOT the same carb the OP is discussing.

dem-mad-750-b2.jpg

vs.

333-1901.jpg

-
Back