thought on lift off hoods?

-

17dartandbroke

Reaction score
A friend of mine online has offered to sell me his lift off six pack hood for $190, and it will be $90 to ship it to the local bus terminal. Is this a good deal? Will i hate myself down the line for not getting a bolt on hood? The car isnt a daily driver.

Also, when do you guys go in the chat room? I never seem to see anyone in there.

I had one and wouldnt do it again. Pain in the ***. Want to check the oil? gotta take of the hood. Going to a car cruise? Hope you dont want to show off you clean engine.

Its not a bad price, I just dont care for them even though they are really lit.

As for the chat room. Weekends they get the most use and usually around 9-10pm eastern time.

I like mine... It's light, and easy to remove. Plus it's got a big ol' scoop on it and it looks kinda nasty. ;-)

Mikel,is that a 6-pack hood on your car?
It's hard to tell in the pic.

I'm thinking about getting one for my Duster,haven't decided yet on a bolt on or pin on.

I currently have a lift off and have the same problems as Adam.

I have a hinged 'glass hood for the car, I have just never got around to getting it painted and installed.

If it is a race car - go for lift off.

If it is a street car - I recommend hinged.

EvilScamp said:
Mikel,is that a 6-pack hood on your car?
It's hard to tell in the pic.

Sure is. I bought it from Scotty a few years back.

Here's a (slightly) better pic:

P1010022.JPG

This one is much better:

Englishtown%20Small.jpg

Go with a hinged hood, even at the track where are you gonna put it if the winds blowing a little. I think it would be a pain in the a$$. I have a tech article over in moparts archive on how to to the lighter springs etc for a bolt on.

Thanks for the better pic. Mikel looks good! :D
If i do get one i'm gonna get one from AAR fiberglass,i already have a set of there bumpers for it and i am very satisfied with their quality.

thanks for the replies, since its mainly going to be track. i think that i'm going to go for a lift off

thanks again,
daryl

GO FOR IT!!!!!...i have a LIFT-OFF 6 pack hood and LOVE IT!!!...everycar after my duster will have one on too!!!
its so much easier to work on the motor with no hood on it.

-
Back