Tie Rod Sleeve

-

GTMaracucho

Reaction score
Hi my friends, I'm working on built a own Tie Rod Sleeve and want to know what is the correct length in order to get the better geometric of the set.
Tie Rod Arm Dimension.png

Stock length works great.

Yeah no it doesn’t. If you’re using tubular adjuster sleeves like those pictured you need lock nuts. So the tubular adjusters should be shorter than the stock split tube adjusters to allow room for the lock nuts. Obviously it depends on the thickness of the lock nuts but a 1/2” shorter should be about right.

If you make the tubular adjuster sleeves the same length as the stock split tube sleeves and then add the lock nuts you’ll lose adjustment, so you might not be able to get the toe set correctly.

Hi my friends, I'm working on built a own Tie Rod Sleeve and want to know what is the correct length in order to get the better geometric of the set.View attachment 1715110127

Are you using regular tie rod ends, or Heim joints like in the picture?

If you’re using regular tie rod ends I can probably get you a rough measurement tomorrow. If you’re using heims you may need a different length tube because the joint center to thread distance might not be the same for the tie rod ends as the heims.

You guys must have left hand taps then?

-
Back