tire and wheel size help

-

beerboy

Reaction score
thinking about going to cragar ss mags on my 73 duster 340. I have 14 inch stock rallyes on now. I want to go to a wider tire and wheel combo on the rear and a bit smaller on the front. I see there is a sticky on all this, do disk brakes on the front make a difference in the back spacing? thanks

Different brakes affect how far outside the turn of the chassis will the wheel actually occur. Take the BBP front assembly for instance, The backing plate pushes the tire farther away from where the steering geometry says things need to be to function most efficiently. The driving situation is much like your first chain drive car. You turn the wheel the car does not want to change direction and then it's stunning easy

To answer the question do disk brakes on the front make a difference in the back spacing. Stock 13" wheels will not cover the brake rotor and upright. Chrysler was not able to get disk brakes to work, so they installed 14" wheels which would allow the brakes to be used. Aftermarket wheels operate with the same design issues as the factory designers.

-
Back