To Whom It May concern

-

Drache

1971 Dodge Dart Swinger
Reaction score
So awhile ago I was contacted by a lady in the US. She wanted to know if I was related to a Judson Clark who fought in the Civil War. I replied that I was. She told me that their Church received a lot of books from Estates. Inside a Bible (printed in the 1960s) was the Civil War Discharge papers for a Judson Clark. She offered them to my family free of charge.

iaySYYC.jpg

Judson Clark was discharged in 1865. Four years later in 1869 he was killed (along with two others) by Indians while searching for Gold in Wyoming. One made made it out alive to tell his story to the US Cavalry. They went searching and found two of the bodies mutilated and scalped. Judson's body was never found and it was assumed he was taken alive and never heard from again.

Very cool piece of history. Awesome that they found you out to deliver that to you.

Very cool piece of history. Awesome that they found you out to deliver that to you.

I have my Grandmother to thank for that. She has done a lot of Genealogy of our family and posted everything onto Ancestry.net. That is how the lady just happened to find us.

sVjMtDg.jpg

Photo I took of the discharge paper along with an 1851 Colt Navy a different ancestor carried during the Civil War.

Very cool,I have my great great great grandfathers papers as well, Papers meaning 2 relatives. Had em framed some years ago and they are hangin in Dad's living room. The papers we have list all the battles and who they served under.

My Dad has done professional geneology for many years now, so i can appreciate how rare and valuable this paper is to you.

You can put it in an archival frame or make your own, but bare in mind the backerboard and mat if used need to be acid free. You also don't want it exposed to direct sunlight and they make UV glass.

That is a really cool document for your family and definitely needs to be preserved properly........Sweeeeeet!

You can put it in an archival frame or make your own, but bare in mind the backerboard and mat if used need to be acid free. You also don't want it exposed to direct sunlight and they make UV glass.
t!

Agreed, spend the money on a proper frame and hang it where the sun don't shine.

Cool - I have a scan of my Great Grandfather's discharge paper too - neat to see (the red handwritten parts) all the battles and skirmishes he survived

Attachments

• Pap's Discharge copy.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 81
-
Back