Trans Fluid capacity

-

75ddart

Reaction score
I have a 727 and the deep Mopar Perf. pan installed. I had drained the fluid which wasn't in there long and it may have 100 miles on it. I had drained it because I had to replace the selector shaft seal. I put a gallon of new fluid in it and it is just on the dipstick, so I need more fluid I assume. My question is this. With the stock dipstick how does one know what the right fluid level should be ? I kind of figured that before the shaft seal install that I may have had it over filled, but this seal has slowly seeped before I installed the deep pan. So at this point I'm not sure just how much fluid to put back into it. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Running in neutral it should be within the two lines on the stick, and with a deep pan I think I would get another gallon if it was me.
Once started it'll go down more.
With a standard pan they take more than 4 quarts, so if you get another gallon you will be able to make sure it's full and have a little extra.

74 service manual shows 19pts standard and 16.5 high stall. That's only if you drained the converter and don't know what your pan adds...

Simple with a standard dipstick and a deeper pan. You just add more fluid till the dipstick says you are full/proper level. Nothing changes you just gotta add more fluid.

Simple with a standard dipstick and a deeper pan. You just add more fluid till the dipstick says you are full/proper level. Nothing changes you just gotta add more fluid.

Yep, shoulda mentioned that. :D

yep, deeper pan only affects the amount of fluid to get it up to the proper level. Proper leve lis not measured from the bottom of the pan but from the top so, since the dipstick and tube did not change, use the same marks as before.

Does anyone happen to know the relationship of factory level to the pan rail?

If I remember, the tip of the stick is right about rail height.

-
Back