trans kit which one

-
If everything is stock, then IMO, the Transgo SK-TF shift improver kit should suffice quite nicely. If you're looking for more of a performance kit the TRANSGO TF-2 is the route to go.
Now if it's a parts kit you're in need of then contact your nearest TRANSTAR warehouse or a company called W.I.T. They'll have everything you need for one stop shopping. If it was my transmission I'd get: A master kit with all friction and steel plates, and a complete gasket and seal kit. Both the front and the rear band. A pump bushing and extension housing bushing, or a bushing kit and replace all the bushings. A washer kit, a sprag spring and roller kit, a filter and because I've got it apart the rear clutch diaphragm spring as they are prone to cracking. I would also consider getting the upgraded reverse servo piston and the intermediate Accumulator repair kit. Both these items are made by Sonnax.
Don't get caught up on a stock rebuild with various brands of friction plates. The stock Raybestos plates will work as well as anything else.
Your transmission may not need all that I've listed, but while it's out, check all these items and replace as required.
Do it right ONCE!

I have used shift and rebuild kits fro A&A and TCI and have been happy with both. I have also used the Transgo TF2 and TF3 shift kits. Personally I find the websites, instructions and customer service much better at A&A and TCI then transgo.

Whatever It Takes? I've had two orders from them and they screwed both of them.
Cope, A&A, TSR... anyone but W.I.T in my opinion.
The reason I mentioned W.I.T., is others on this site have used them and seemed to have no issues with the company. For myself, getting transmission parts was never a problem as I worked for a transmission parts supply company. Companies like Cope, A&A, TCI, just repackage parts in their own packaging. I had this discussion once with a guy that had bought an expensive transmission rebuild kit from one of the well known race transmission outfits. Inside where Raybestos waffle lined friction plates, steel plates, all nicely shrunk to a board with their company logo on it. The gasket overhaul kit was in a bag again with the logo on it, but the componets inside were from Trans-Tec. Nothing wrong with the kit for sure, except for the cost because it came from one of the "big players" in the performance transmission industry.

The reason I mentioned W.I.T., is others on this site have used them and seemed to have no issues with the company. For myself, getting transmission parts was never a problem as I worked for a transmission parts supply company. Companies like Cope, A&A, TCI, just repackage parts in their own packaging. I had this discussion once with a guy that had bought an expensive transmission rebuild kit from one of the well known race transmission outfits. Inside where Raybestos waffle lined friction plates, steel plates, all nicely shrunk to a board with their company logo on it. The gasket overhaul kit was in a bag again with the logo on it, but the componets inside were from Trans-Tec. Nothing wrong with the kit for sure, except for the cost because it came from one of the "big players" in the performance transmission industry.
Shopping around various sites will tell you what the average part cost is, and who is over charging. Using a company who cuts costs by employing people who seem to have issues identifying the correct parts is a problem for me.
I tried them out twice. I don't use them anymore.

I used a NAPA master rebuild kit for the recondition and a Transgo TF2 for shifting where I wanted it.
The results are a 10 of 10!

-
Back