Transmission cooler line help

-

Mexmarine

Reaction score
Hey FABO! Anyone ever installed transmission cooler lines in a 72 Dodge Dart with a 318 engine and a 727 transmission? The folks over at Summit are not quite sure which lines will work.

i usually make my own.. they are 5/16 steel line.. or a place like inline tube sells them pre made for ya.

I just did this, like abodyjoe said I used 5/16 steel line from advance auto. Like 10 bucks each. Bent the trans side first and was able to slide the line between the fender and steering gear box, then bent to the radiator. A lot easier than when I was putting the pre made line in with the engine and trans in. It was a pain dealing with the pre bent angles and getting them past everything. Just make sure you pull the fittings off the old lines and put em on the new ones, then flare the side you had to cut.

do not buy any pre-made lines they will all be wrong.

make your own.

start with fittings and maybe a foot of hard line then use flex hoses or steel wrapped hose or
even use hard lines maybe high pressure lines or something along those lines.

wouldnt recomend using hard lines if motor and trans is already in the car.

Thanks everyone, I think I'm going to try and make them myself. Wish me luck!

Do it yourself. This is how you learn. Get your self a flair tool and basic hand bender. Brake lines need to be double flared. If you mess one up, make it again. Even if you mess up a few times it's still a lot cheaper than pre-bent lines.

-
Back