TTI Shorty Headers For Small Block - Anyone Try Them Yet?

-

Rocket

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Curious to see if anyone has tried these shorty headers yet, how the install went, ... Based on mock ups I have seen they look like they will connect well to the TTI exhaust system used for stock manifolds and will clear components well. I know I would lose some power with this design but that is not a real concern for me.

I have not found any good information on the web as of now so any help is appreciated.

I will be installling them in a 1969 Barracuda small block with RPM heads. Biscuit style mounts, power steering, mini starter and a 4 speed.

The shorty headers I've seen need such a tight bend at their outlet that would appear to be a restriction in itself,, don't know the brands either..

I would just like to bring to attention,, you can get a ceramic Doug's long tube header, that are ground clearance friendly for over a hundred dollars less,, and includes free shipping.. From Autozone,, when they have their 20% off sale..

hope it helps

Thanks for the feedback. I am debating the Doungs and TTI long tube headers as well but for my install and future plans with the car the shorty's will offer an advantage for me.

The TTI shorty's outlet are angled back resulting in less of an abrupt bend (but still a good tight bend) at the outlet from what I have seen. Have a look at the pictures that start about 3/4 down on the first page.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7634200&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

Just looking for some feedback from anyone that has tried them out or knows someone who has to help in the ultimate decision.

I can't get the images up,, but as I remember it,, the pipe has to do an acute angle to get up and over the steering..

Well, I happen to have a set of Doug's on my 69 Barracuda (automatic, biscuit mounts) and TTI shorties on my 67 Valiant (A833, Zbar). Both are almost identical in how close they are to both the power steering box and the column, which is very close, but they do not touch either. I had an issue on the passenger side Doug's hitting the steering arm, and there is no way the drivers side will clear a Z-bar setup on a 4spd car. I may be converting the Barracuda to an A833 OD so I'll either have to go hydraulic clutch or pull off the Doug's and sell them. The TTIs do clear my Zbar, and the steering, but getting the exhaust past the oversized torsion bar was very tricky. I actually ended up massaging the drivers floor behind the pedals to make a 2.5 inch exhaust fit without an overly restrictive bend. If you are ok running stock size torsion bars and a 2 inch exhaust, I think it would clear easily. The big advantage of the TTIs also is being able to put them in or take them out without disassembling the suspension, or lifting the motor.

Good feedback thank you. Did you try the TTI 2.5" adapter pipes from TTI for the shorties or did you make your own? I plan to run the big block torsion bars 0.89 vs. the stock V8 0.87 bars so not much of a difference.

Good feedback thank you. Did you try the TTI 2.5" adapter pipes from TTI for the shorties or did you make your own? I plan to run the big block torsion bars 0.89 vs. the stock V8 0.87 bars so not much of a difference.

I would have tried the adapters but I didn't think they would fit with my 1.06 bars. With your size bars I would certainly give them a try. I went ahead and loosened my steering coupler when I installed the drivers side, allowing the steering column to slide up out of the way for a trouble free install. I think you will be happier with the TTI shorties over ANY full length header in a Zbar equipped A body.

-
Back