turbo 6 bangers post here

-
Bill I decided to hold off on the long rod motor install till sometime next year, funds have gotten alittle tight for me in the last month. So I installed another STD bore $100 block that I oringed And installed all my goodies from my old motor. I have some clean up and paint work on some parts and pieces that got stained when I blue the radiator. But I should have the toad back together once again by the end of the week. Here's a pic of the new block minus the head installed

20131120_193916.jpg

No videos this year sorry all I smoked number 1 piston a couple weeks ago at the track and the car is back on the jack stands again. But I have a new motor almost perped and ready for install so I'm hoping to have the car back together in about a week. But the weather here in Michigan is getting bad but if we have a nice day maybe just maybe I'llget some video. Thanks all for your interest in my little toad
Aaron

Sorry to hear this. Any pics of the carnage?
Hate to be an ambulance chaser but this is interesting :)

Yah I can get some pics up later on the block hasn't been taking apart. I believe I broke a ring land at some point last year because I was getting blow by bad but me being me decided to drive it hard till something let go and it did. But no harm no fowl other then smoking #1 cylinder. There isn't a hole lot of damage just the bottom edge of the piston is melted, but ill post a pic so all can see....
Aaron

One of more thing Bill I think I no why you were having problems with the O RING wire the wire in the kit doesn't work very well I Had some red coated wire left over from the first time I did my block and I had to use it and it worked like a charm ill have to mic it and see the difference just alittle fyi for you buddy
Aaron

Bill I decided to hold off on the long rod motor install till sometime next year, funds have gotten alittle tight for me in the last month. So I installed another STD bore $100 block that I oringed And installed all my goodies from my old motor. I have some clean up and paint work on some parts and pieces that got stained when I blue the radiator. But I should have the toad back together once again by the end of the week. Here's a pic of the new block minus the head installed

20131120_193916.jpg

Hey, that's a great plan, Aaron! I'm anxious to see some time slips...

Just keep it under 10-12 pounds of boost and limit your spark advance to 18 degrees, run it a little rich, and it will make 300+ HP and last forever...

Hey, that's a great plan, Aaron! I'm anxious to see some time slips...

Just keep it under 10-12 pounds of boost and limit your spark advance to 18 degrees, run it a little rich, and it will make 300+ HP and last forever...

Are you kidding me Bill, Ryan is running close to 30 pounds of boost on stock 30 over pistons and Tom ran almost as much on a stock block thru all his test and tuning before he smoked a piston. This thing will get the screws turned up asap

Aaron

Are you kidding me Bill, Ryan is running close to 30 pounds of boost on stock 30 over pistons and Tom ran almost as much on a stock block thru all his test and tuning before he smoked a piston. This thing will get the screws turned up asap

Aaron

I was not aware of that.... sorry.

I tend to be gun shy... lol!

Good luck, and keep us posted!!! :)

Bill

Well Bill a long rod motor is still in the plans I just thought it best at the time to get the car back in working order. And for a 100 bucks and some wrenching time I'll be ready when spring hits with a long rod motor on the engine stand and a trans braked 904 awaiting installation when and if something else breaks.

Any word on the valiant Bill?

Also Bill I've made some needed improvements I put a duel pulley system on in case I decide to add a vacuum pump, also im planning on flipping the alternator and putting it on the drivers side like the pic I posted. That will free up some space on the passenger side of the compartment so I can add a overflowbottle and tthe vacuum pump on that side it should fit nicely.

IMG_1214-1.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

Well Bill a long rod motor is still in the plans I just thought it best at the time to get the car back in working order. And for a 100 bucks and some wrenching time I'll be ready when spring hits with a long rod motor on the engine stand and a trans braked 904 awaiting installation when and if something else breaks.

Any word on the valiant Bill?

The Valiant is ready to race, but for pre-lubing the rockers and filling the fuel cell with fresh gas. I am currently working on obtaining the correct wiring harness for the truck to hook up the trailer lights. I already have the trailer brake/controller wiring, so we're "getting there." It's about 75 miles to the strip with no hills on the highway, and no sharp curves, so getting it there should be a breeze.

Wish us luck... :)

Good luck Bill!! Sorry about the busted stuff Aaron. Good experience right?!?!

Thanks, Tom!!! I was estimating a 12.38 quarter-mile time, but I have re-thought that and really believe the initial outing will likely only yield a high 12, like maybe a 12.80.... so, I am backing off my original estimate...

That is a ten-pound boost run...

It's gonna be cold, so traction won't be the best... :angry3:

Hey Aaron i ran one of those gaskets i got from Edd J. i know who its from but i thought it was terrible (IMO)... blew out all over and what not, just an FYI

Good luck Bill!! Sorry about the busted stuff Aaron. Good experienc right TE]

Not to big of a problem Tom heck my goal was make a pass or two down the track this year and I was able to make 12. I love this little car and the joy it brings me and I wouldn't do it any different. The new motor is installed and about 85% ready to fire up once again.

Bill good luck to you and Freddie were all with you and can't wait. Don't try to push it to hard and enjoy yourselves

Kid are you talking about the intake Manifold gaskets? The copper ones or the aussie big port?

Thanks everyone and HAPPY THANKSGIVING

AARON

Good luck Bill!! Sorry about the busted stuff Aaron. Good experienc right TE]

Not to big of a problem Tom heck my goal was make a pass or two down the track this year and I was able to make 12. I love this little car and the joy it brings me and I wouldn't do it any different. The new motor is installed and about 85% ready to fire up once again.

Bill good luck to you and Freddie were all with you and can't wait. Don't try to push it to hard and enjoy yourselves

Kid are you talking about the intake Manifold gaskets? The copper ones or the aussie big port?

Thanks everyone and HAPPY THANKSGIVING

AARON

Your TOAD is going to be lightning-quick... just keep up the good work!!!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Bill

Your TOAD is going to be lightning-quick... just keep up the good work!!!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Bill

Well, it's nearly New Year's and I got lucky at Christmas and was given some gift certificates to Target, so used them to buy a video camcorder so I can document drag strip activities this coming spring.

Both of my older video cameras were virtual antiques ( a VHS and a compact VHS... remember those???)

I got a Sony hdcrx230 which has a 27:1 optical zoom and image stabilization.

It had an SD flash-memory card that I can insert into my computer and download what I filmed. Seems pretty much fool-proof (an important consideration for ME.)

A friend of Freddie's had offered the use of his trailer to get that bucket of bolts to the strip, so let the good times roll!!! :)

I actually remember those compact VHS and I'm 22. :D

ThAT'S mazing! I don't think I ever used that thing... maybe once, dunno...

It just seemed so hokey...

This new one will make up-loads to you tube easy, I think.

I NEED "easy." :profilel:

ThAT'S mazing! I don't think I ever used that thing... maybe once, dunno...

It just seemed so hokey...

This new one will make up-loads to you tube easy, I think.

I NEED "easy." :profilel:

My parents filmed a lot of home videos when I was younger and used it all the time. I remember to watch them we had to put them in like a VHS adapter to throw in the VHS player.

My parents filmed a lot of home videos when I was younger and used it all the time. I remember to watch them we had to put them in like a VHS adapter to throw in the VHS player.

Yes, I thought that was the hokey part... lol!

Thanks for sharing...:glasses7:

Aaron,
What did it run on only 5 pounds of boost?

Bill it run 9.0 in the 1/8 mile on five pounds with none of my boost or launch control I was running strictly on the WG spring only which the boost will Vary from 4-6 pounds. I have since hooked up my launch control and boost controller and the last time out I was trying to launch the car at 8 psi then once the triggers are set the boost progressively ramps to 12psi at 12 psi I shed a second off my time but I was have traction issues for about the first 30 feet. Once I get everything dailed in and get the car to load up and launch without much tire spin my little toad will be a missle remember all this was done with a damaged number cylinder that was blowing by.
Bill will have to see what this year has in store for us I've been working on a couple of big block barracudas and one my get a set of twins strapped to it for a low boost application but only time will tell
Aaron

Thank you for sharing a great thread and this great pass I enjoyed from this angel srixon4406
sounds and looks like a great year is about to be enjoyed by a couple great builds in 2014

-
Back