Turbo Dart 318 build

-

Ori

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Ive always wanted a turbo car and after looking over many of these turbo builds I got the bug for it. Over these past few months I have been building a turbo system for my 318 Dart. I was very limited on tools(at my house) and had to work with what I had but I made it work. I have a "guinea pig" 318 in there now, just so I can learn and practice and if anything scatters its not a big deal :D Here are the specs so far

Bone stock 318, edel perf intake, holley 750 HP(running very very rich at the moment). 2500 stall 904, 3.27 gears.
Use flipped magnum manifolds, GT45 turbo, 2.25" crossover, 4"-3.5" down pipe, 50mm WG and 50mm Blowoff.
MSD BTM, locked factory dist, AFX wideband, -9 ngk plugs 0.025" gap.
Magnafuel 300 pump, -10 fuel line to carb, -8 return.

I havent driven it yet, just ran it on the stands. Other then running pig rich it sounds very good. Here are some pictures of the progress!

Last but not least, my favorite picture :supz:

I'll be doing the same thing with my Demon. 318's are cheap and plentiful. If you pop one, just replace with another.

What mods have you done to the carb?

Nice build. Keep it coming.

Imma wager that you're rocking manual steering? I looked into flipping the magnum manifolds but it always got into the power steering.

-
Back