Turning back the clock

-
Checking fit of the new front fenders that have been cut and tacked at the front of the
wheel opening molding for tire clearance.

Flash%20fender%20mod%201_zpss6beu61g.jpg

Flash%20fender%20mod%202_zpsjxuplcnm.jpg

Leal%20RF%20fdr%20cyt%201_zps2lxsnksm.jpg

Leal%20RF%20fdr%20cut%202_zps7r3o356a.jpg

Last edited:
Aluminum door hinges on this thing?

Any other cool weight saving items? Inquiring minds want to know.

Aluminum door hinges on this thing?

Any other cool weight saving items? Inquiring minds want to know.

On the body, in 1975, the M/P rules were clear on what little modification were allowed and those mods were pretty much restricted for motor /trans install, tire clearance and safty. Rules were in place to prevent Pro Stock cars of that era with altered wheelbases, tube chassis and aluminum interior /components from showing up to compete in this class. The only pushing of the rules I am aware of is the removal of the guardrails in the doors and liteweight aluminum replacement for the heavy front bumper shocks (sprayed with metal in the paint so if checked with a magnet, would apper to be steel). The car was fast.....no sense in pushing it only to get labeled a cheater and get disqualified AFTER a win. It was the factory race car in the sportsman ranks and under extreme scrutiny by tech and fellow racers.

Amazingly, this race car is very similar to the early (1970) Pro Stock cars. When Pro Stock began, they did not even tub the cars.

I find it interesting how the front wheelbase is moved forward approximately 1" for the large front tires using non modified factory components....... early A body spindles swapped side for side.

Last edited:
With the front end set....time to slip the Dana out for its trip to Moser.

After the Dana is out, next up.......mock up tunnel ram, carbs, linkage, and fuel log for hood install and scoop placement.

This is fun.

On the body, in 1975, the M/P rules were clear on what little modification were allowed and those mods were pretty much restricted for motor /trans install, tire clearance and safty. Rules were in place to prevent Pro Stock cars of that era with altered wheelbases, tube chassis and aluminum interior /components from showing up to compete in this class. The only pushing of the rules I am aware of is the removal of the guardrails in the doors and liteweight aluminum replacement for the heavy front bumper shocks (sprayed with metal in the paint so if checked with a magnet, would apper to be steel). The car was fast.....no sense in pushing it only to get labeled a cheater and get disqualified AFTER a win. It was the factory race car in the sportsman ranks and under extreme scrutiny by tech and fellow racers.

Amazingly, this race car is very similar to the early (1970) Pro Stock cars. When Pro Stock began, they did not even tub the cars.

I find it interesting how the front wheelbase is moved forward approximately 1" for the large front tires using non modified factory components....... early A body spindles swapped side for side.

Cool, thanks. Wasn't sure how far the rules were interpreted.

Interesting about the spindles!

just an update.....

I got the carbs mounted with the side linkage on the magnesium tunnel ram so Mark (Fog) could fab the fuel log w/ fittings and modify the bracket for the accelerator cable. I did get a cable that totals 24" long (on E-pay). I think the application is a A-body / B/RB. All mocked up and even looks like the 1975 motor pictures (maybe OMM will post a picture) The intake / carb assembly needs to be pulled back apart to clean and seal before dropping off at the engine builders.

on the sheet-metal, all the rest of the components are getting their primer coats, then a re-fit and a hole in the hood for the Mopar snorkle hood scoop.

the Dana is dis-assembled, hot tanked and ready to go to Mosers.......maybe this week. I figure it is only about 1-1/2hr drive for drop -off.

next up will be gas tank modification for the wheelie bars that have to be made yet. I have plenty of pictures and Fog should be able to duplicate the originals without too much difficulty. The original mounting brackets are still on the rear.

fresh asphalt last week and electricity this week.......moving right along.

Last edited:
Misc picture updates. New matched 4500 Dominators. Custom made fuel log by our welder and fabricator Mark Basset - matches the original pictures from Peterson archives. The intake manifold is magnesium (shown on dummy motor):

Carb%20linkage%201_zpsmhzgbv43.jpg
Leal%20Motor%204_zpse53pnof3.jpg

Leal%20motor%201_zpss6y90sm7.jpg

Leal%20Motor%202_zpsegl1tleq.jpg

Leal%20motor%203_zps02ktyzos.jpg

Last edited:
Completion of paving concluded the project at the HDK property last Tuesday with the exception of still doing a few things inside the shop.

First pictures show the old house which Denny completely gutted and rebuilt. New inner walls, floors, roof, windows, HVAC, all plumbing including supply and sewer lines from across the street. New porches and porch roofs front and rear. Raised upstairs ceiling from 7' high to 8'. Removed outside stairway, all wiring, drywall, new EVERYTHING! There are four mini condos in there now; ready to rent.

The new shop rose from the ground where nothing was before. The smaller white garage beside HDK is newer and belongs to brother Dave.

HDK%20House%20II%20-%201%20019_zps6dtslqdz.jpg

HDK%20House%20II%20-%201%20026_zpszsmoa9nv.jpg

HDK%20House%20II%20-%201%20013_zpssh5vbv70.jpg

HDK%20House%20II%20-%201%20003_zpsmw0cncjc.jpg
HDK%20roof%20truss%202%20002_zps8gwsrxtg.jpg

HDK%20Shop%20083016%20023_zpshc0ctxgb.jpg

HDK%20041116%20033%20c_zpsurjcknwv.jpg

HDK%20041116%20031_zpsouskrthh.jpg

HDK%20041116%20023_zpszouot41r.jpg

HDK%20Paving%20146_zpscnlhmovz.jpg

HDK%20Paving%20147_zpsvnvgdsrb.jpg

HDK%20Paving%20049_zps6sx7xzfq.jpg

HDK%20Paving%20081_zpsgpjijsvr.jpg

HDK%20Paving%20144_zpsy2rr68b3.jpg

Last edited:
Completion of paving concluded the project at the HDK property last Tuesday with the exception of still doing a few things inside the shop.

First pictures show the old house which Denny completely gutted and rebuilt. New inner walls, floors, roof, windows, HVAC, all plumbing including supply and sewer lines from across the street. New porches and porch roofs front and rear. Raised upstairs ceiling from 7' high to 8'. Removed outside stairway, all wiring, drywall, new EVERYTHING! There are four mini condos in there now; ready to rent.

The new shop rose from the ground where nothing was before. The smaller white garage beside HDK is newer and belongs to brother Dave.

View attachment 1715055737
View attachment 1715055738
View attachment 1715055739
View attachment 1715055740 View attachment 1715055741
View attachment 1715055742
View attachment 1715055743
View attachment 1715055744
View attachment 1715055745
View attachment 1715055746
View attachment 1715055747
View attachment 1715055748
View attachment 1715055749
View attachment 1715055750
ALL ARE KICK A$$ !

thanks....I will be glad to get back to the basics (hot roddin) The physical work involved in this 2 year project at times has me feeling my age, especially when I get up.

the light is starting to shine at the end of the construction tunnel.

thanks....I will be glad to get back to the basics (hot roddin) The physical work involved in this 2 year project at times has me feeling my age, especially when I get up.

the light is starting to shine at the end of the construction tunnel.

It turned out great! I hope you find 4 female tenants!

Do the tenants get access to shop included in the rent? It'd almost be worth it for me to move. :D

Thanks......right now the neighbors love me....I wonder how long that love will last when the Flash gets fired up. Big lumpy cam combined with open headers ought to get their attention.

Thanks......right now the neighbors love me....I wonder how long that love will last when the Flash gets fired up. Big lumpy cam combined with open headers ought to get their attention.
:thumbsup:
I have a good feeling that 2 of the neighbors are going to love it.

Actually...the above Firestones slicks were GIVEN to us by FABO member....CrOoks. When the shipping bill exceeded expectations, he even offered to pay half of it....which I graciously refused. When inflated, they really look great and very nostalgic. .....now bumped back up to the #1 spot.

......wow....messed up

After review, props to FABO member Csommers. CHRIS gave us the Goodyears.My apologies Chris.
I must have got confused flipping around all the threads.

While moving everything we own every half hour to have the electricians install LED overhead
lighting and conduit, Denny found a place to store those recently purchased '73 Pro-Stock doors.

With%2073%20doors_zps4cvatgbk.jpg

Last edited:
Allen and Roy Johnson visited today and begged us for our advice on winning at Norwalk this upcoming
weekend. Denny graciously agreed to share some of our long held speed secrets with the hard working
Mopar Pro-Stock team. Good luck boys!

Johnsons%20062117-1_zpswms6to1r.jpg

Johnsons%20062117-3_zps7limhlco.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back