Turning back the clock

-
Denny,
The car looks like it's coming along great. Are you bringing it to the Nat's ?

Wow! You fellas made some serious progress since I last checked in! Looks friggin awesome.

Take care guys,
Pat

Thanks again guys,

Done with the rental house rehab by the end of the week...and with just a few things to complete in the new shop, I will "officially" be able to start the work on the Flash........just in time for tear down to send the body off to Bouts for paint. Sweeeeet!!

I wanted to lower the rear just a tad but something was holding it up. Turns out the factory rear shocks borrowed from the 1975 brown Duster were fully compressed (@14-1/8").

Guess I will have to get a shorter set for the Flash.....eye to eye at ride height is around 13-3/4" . I am eyeballing the 3-way adjustable Competition Engineering #C2755, but I would be happy with just a shorter OEM shock

Yes...those doors were on the Flash when we bought it along with several other modifications and safety updates added sometime after it was built. As stated on the first page of this thread (post 4) , most of those items were not on the car when it was originally built and while I would not of minded keeping them for myself, the proceeds came in handy to assist in the restoration. The fenders that were sold are the original fenders, but had been modified to be used as a one piece front and would require extensive re-hab to make them usable.

the driver door and left front fender went to HemiMark......wall art.. It is no secret, I have seen pictures he posted of them.

The other front fender, plexi-glass windshield, and fiberglass deck lid ....... along with some rear tire rubber scraped from the rear wheel wells ....traveled down under to Australia.

I still have the plastic front race bucket seat w/ install track ($100), window net ($50) , and fiberglass hood w/ snorkle scoop ($350) if anyone is interested. I'm thinking package deal.....$399 for all three items.

Last edited:
yeah, i thought i saw pictures on one of Mark's threads. i just wanted to make sure those were off of your car and not a scammer, Lord knows there are a lot of them out there....

now I know why they nicknamed the forward cabin bars.....headbangers. Sitting in the drivers seat messing with the shifter / shifter tunnel I forgot where I was when my phone on the workbanch started ringing....I am still seeing stars.

starting to load for the Nats tomorrow....getting close.

Final hood and scoop base to carb fitting today.......Perfect!

HDK%20082117%20005_zpssysrwalt.jpg

HDK%20082117%20008_zpshvnnncdm.jpg

HDK%20082117%20002_zpsgmc9rcne.jpg

HDK%20082117%20001_zpsaln875aw.jpg

Started to do the preliminary pre-paint layout of contingency stickers on the Butch Leal
B/MP Hemi Duster while awaiting for the rest to arrive from Pro-Stock Pete.

Leal%20stickers%201%20001_zpsdbukwysc.jpg

Leal%20stickers%201%20003_zpsjs0lqyva.jpg

Last edited:
Engine builder Steve Atwell was able to score the desired Accel 16-plug distributor(s) like pictured - N.O.S.

Missile%20Challenger16-plug_zpsmbh94qms.jpg

Last edited:
nice picture, but I do not think that is an Accel piece......the Accel unit is a slimmer / trimmer piece.
google it and look at the images

The almost virgin (I haven't heard that term since my 20's) factory manual steering box shaft and coupler was graciously donated to the Flash by JDMOPAR. ....thank you Jackie for being a part of bringing the Flash back to its prominence. BTW.... Jackie had a PhD in packaging.

Denny

You're very welcome Denny. It was my pleasure to donate a small part to help restore such a significant part of Pro Stock Racing history. I figured you guys would like the pull cord taped to the PVC tube.....lol.

:thumbsup: You're very welcome John. I'm looking forward to seeing the car in person someday!

see it. ????....with your credentials, you qualify to climb in and give it a couple free revs.....WHOOOMPAAAA!

Last edited:
-
Back