**Twin Turbo 67 Dart Project**

-
Yeah we did the same with my car as well.. what length shock are you using? Also will urs sit about how mine sits? I can't get any lower without the rear tire hitting the back of the fender.. not to mention the shock right now is mid tavel. If we would have put mine in straight up then we would have needed to go with a shorter shock. my rear shock tower bar is located 1/2" from the bottom of the trunk hump.

When I did the mini tub I clearance'd the entrance at the rear and forward parts of the tub using a BFH with heat along with the upper areas of the inner tub. So it clears everything no problem. It will sit about 1" to 1 1/2" lower than yours. Shocks are 15.4 Extended Length and 10.74 Compressed. My shocks should work. I can really slam the rear end down without it hitting anything. Shock placement on the Axle Housing will determine how low I want to take it. Where the shocks are mounted in the pictures the wheel should disappear by about 1 1/2"-2" in the fender well.

nice... I can't wait to see pics... 1'' lower than mine is pretty low.. no way I could do that... well I could but I wouldn't be able to get the front down low enough.. my oil pan is already lower than I want it.

LoL! If our kids only knew the sacrifices it takes for higher education!

When its time I think I will be using a Dana60. I ripped the 9" out of my Falcon 3 times with 900 hp! I even had Richmond Pro gears, Strange case and the same big bearing Billet pinion support!

Nice fab work Louis!!!

Remember a big N/A Hit or NOS Hit is way hard on parts. I think I should be fine with the 9" on boost because the hit will be way soft.

My buddy Pete has twisted up a few Dana's right at 1000HP. They were shortened, had the bolt thru rear cover and he custom made his own back brace where the center section bolted to the cover and was removable. It had the lower support that goes under the pumpkin welded to the brackets. I am sure as power increases all Rears have their limits for dang sure.

Remember a big N/A Hit or NOS Hit is way hard on parts. I think I should be fine with the 9" on boost because the hit will be way soft.

My buddy Pete has twisted up a few Dana's right at 1000HP. They were shortened, had the bolt thru rear cover and he custom made his own back brace where the center section bolted to the cover and was removable. It had the lower support that goes under the pumpkin welded to the brackets. I am sure as power increases all Rears have their limits for dang sure.

You are right in that instance. I launched at 5000rpm off the trans-brake so that was a pretty big hit off the line. I have a narrowed 9" proped against the wall so it might get used. All I have for a carrier is a "N" case and the same billet pinion support. A 9" is the cheaper way to go. I guess I should invest in some beadlocks instead of the Dana.

Well it fits. I modified the front hangers so there will be plenty of adjustment. I am working this one off the 1/3 - 2/3rd's rule. 2/3rd's of space is at the lower link bar location on the bottom of the axle and 1/3 is at the top from center of axle. Almost all adjustments will be done at the front of the Rod End by going up or down on either. Instant Center to start will be 12" back from the front tire & 9" off the ground. Plenty of adjustment to put it out past the front bumper or 1' in front of the rear tire.

I have the front upper hangers cut and drilled. When making them I will be sandwiching the frame rail up and around so they should be pretty darn strong.

View attachment phpFKtpM4PM.jpg

View attachment phpBmvTtNPM.jpg

View attachment php2C0BUzPM.jpg

View attachment phpnWDS0MPM.jpg

View attachment phpJj1DsnPM.jpg

View attachment phpLNMMx8PM.jpg

View attachment phpn1A5VTPM.jpg

Looking good man.. can't wait to see it on the ground. What axles are you going with? I went with Moser 35 spline. Also I might have missed it but what are you going to run for diff? Detroit locker, spool, etc? I'm running a locker and it's not bad after I got used to the locking sound.lol

Looking good man.. can't wait to see it on the ground. What axles are you going with? I went with Moser 35 spline. Also I might have missed it but what are you going to run for diff? Detroit locker, spool, etc? I'm running a locker and it's not bad after I got used to the locking sound.lol

Thanks. I ran out of saw blades today and Plate for the upper link brackets. Same as you on the Axles "Moser 35 Spline" . I put a Spool in it we will see how that goes. I am going to try to get it on the ground by next weekend, both front and back, sitting on the shoes! haaaa

Small progress. I got the rear end set and kicked off so it would not move centered in the car and the pinion angle set pretty close to where it will need to go. Now I just need to box the upper brackets in, install the shock tower that I already have cut and then weld it all off.

Slow progress but progress is progress right??

View attachment phpSvRj6XPM.jpg

View attachment php9P3WQGPM.jpg

View attachment phpA1oCf1PM.jpg

View attachment phpOHOrEBPM.jpg

View attachment php4WXOX3PM.jpg

View attachment phpYRpXd0PM.jpg

View attachment phpunNIyTPM.jpg

View attachment phpK8hilWPM.jpg

Whoa whoa whoa what happened to the ladder bars? Did I miss something? Lookin' good Cruz. How much travel will it be good for? I can't wait to see this beast on the ground.

Looking good Louis.:cheers:Lots of welding,your gonna go from red knuckle to white knuckles!LOL:D

HOTMOPAR; Looks damn good!!

Thanks guys!

Badart; Whoa whoa whoa what happened to the ladder bars? Did I miss something? Lookin' good Cruz. How much travel will it be good for? I can't wait to see this beast on the ground.

I quit the ladder bar theory awhile ago. It will have enough travel to top out the shock and bottom it out. It will be on about 1" of compression at ride height. I can adjust the height of the car with the shock brackets and there is plenty of adjustment for Instant Center cause I made a whole bunch of combinations with all the holes in the brackets. The adjustments are kind of like a standard 4 link but triangulated.

It is the only one like it that I know of in the universe as of right now!! haaaaa

Brackets are welded off. This is my first Tig Weld Project so far on this car with the New/Used Tig Welder I bought a few weeks ago. I tell you what, you need to be patient when Tig Welding. It is not FAST like a Mig. Also you can't get into places that a MIG can get into. Hand feeding the ROD is sometimes impossible in a cramped area.

I did have to MIG Weld the inside of these brackets, there was no way to get the Tig in there.

View attachment phpu8AwYrAM.jpg

View attachment phpxIqOepAM.jpg

View attachment phpFkURUWAM.jpg

View attachment php1KmjsjAM.jpg

Lookin good! When you building one for mine??? I'll consider it a fair trade for putting in your windows, Lol....

you got this bay boy on wheels yet? I'm waiting patiently to see the stance.

you got this bay boy on wheels yet? I'm waiting patiently to see the stance.

No not yet. I ran into a small problem on the upper shock mounts in the rear. The shock tower I was going tp set a few days ago is in the way of the Oil Filler on the housing when the suspension goes fully compressed. The fix is I will be making some custom brackets, 1 for each side to carry the shock. I took a few days off messing with it to come up with the plan on these. I was going to just build what first came into my mind but I am glad that I didn't because I have a better idea of how I am going to build them now.:D

The link brackets for the uppers are set and tacked in and I Tig welded all of the bungs and links also. Some day hopefully soon I will be having a Solo all day welding party to button it all up.

Finally made the rear upper shock brackets. They are built off the frame tied into the body. Everything is just tacked in and it supports the weight of the car no problem. I will box everything in and weld it off. I probably lost about 20lbs doing it like this without a shock tower.

I am going to try and have a solo all day welding party this weekend. There is alot of welding left to do on the rear before it is complete. Cage needs to be welded off also.

View attachment phpB8aTQYPM.jpg

View attachment phpmTsALGPM.jpg

View attachment phpxRngKaPM.jpg

View attachment phpj6oyA6PM.jpg

View attachment phpHuS37GPM.jpg

View attachment phpZXs1atPM.jpg

Louis I really like how your lower bar is parallel to the ground now. What kind of instant center length, height and antisquat are you looking at? Is the setup similar with a parallel link setup? I have already forgotten what my dart setup numbers are. I do know the car squats and goes.

-
Back