Unappreciated rock bands...

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Sooooo... I am here, with a ton of rainfall. I watch You boob a lot... I plug in Triumph, and I forgot how good they ,were.... Share yours....

Utopia/Todd Rundgren

Blue Oyster Cult

Get away from there popular hits and really get to know the bands.

The Moody Blues. Been together since the time of the Beatles, and still touring! Granted, not the original lineup anymore, but they stayed together for a long time!

Utopia/Todd Rundgren

Blue Oyster Cult

Get away from there popular hits and really get to know the bands.
Rob, Rundgren's a freakin' genuinely brilliant...
B.O C...I need to check out....
The band(s) ,I miss...: RATT's a good one... Still in my cd changer... Y&T, is another one, still touring...

I saw B.O.C. years ago with Black Sabbath (the Bland and Blue tour) - Sabbath was the headliner - BOC was SO much better in concert - as in no contest!!

UFO......In my opinion, the most underated rock band of all time.

I can't say "most" but I generally agree.

Oh, and to the OP, most every group that didn't get in to that joke called the "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame".
Or didn't get there till last year.

Last edited:
I saw B.O.C. years ago with Black Sabbath (the Bland and Blue tour) - Sabbath was the headliner - BOC was SO much better in concert - as in no contest!!

Thanks to the internet, I finally learned what a "red cap" is.
I always thought it was an ale.

upload_2017-2-21_10-3-12.jpeg

The Moody Blues. Been together since the time of the Beatles, and still touring! Granted, not the original lineup anymore, but they stayed together for a long time!

Totally agree with you.
My favorite band.
I can't figure out why they have been snubbed by the rock & roll hall of fame, forever.
Think i have seen them perform six times, in all these years.

I have a personal love for any 3 man band, and Triumph and Tush are high on my list! Rik Emmet and Alex Lifeson carry those bands with awesome guitar, and Rik also does the lead singing, a very valuable asset to a 3 man band!! In a world where there isn't a single musician on record nowadays, 3 man bands of this caliber are even more amazing!!!

Triumph, got to Agree! I remember seeing them for the first time. I think '86 or '87. Anyhow probably the best concert I've ever been too. And I've been to a lot. Canadian boyz. Awesome.

Very old and obscure, the Bards. A 4 man northwest group that had fleeting fame until the lead guitarist boogied to SF to join the Haight Ashbury love-in.
I knew the group and their previous iteration the Continentals.

Never can go wrong with the Shenker bros. Michael (UFO) & Rudolph (Scorpions).
Foghat, Also.
Those of you into Blues:
John Mayall Band, Muddy Waters, Johnny Lang
Stevie Ray Vaughn one of the best guitar players ever.

-
Back