Updated SPITFIRE HEADER INSTALL 63-66 A-body

Should this be made a STICKY?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Love your plate!

Have to call and cod is best pay method..old school but so is the price!

Looks to me like quality is top notch.

Not my plate, just my avatar. :)

That plate is from an AMC that was at Spring Fling a few years ago. Since I am so anti-Ford, I had to have a photo of it and decided to make it my avatar.

The quality of Spitfire headers does seem to be pretty good.

I have them on a 70 Duster with power steering. They fit fine but putting exhaust pipe to the driver's side is somewhat difficult.

at least in my case you could keep the studs in the ends just by cutting them down a little. I have magnum heads on my engine that don't have water jackets in those holes so they are all bolts.

One thing I would also do is spot weld the header collector bolts to the headers to make it easier to hook the exhaust up.

They're 1 5/8" primary tube with 2.5" collectors unless they've changed since I got mine. I still may go to TTI's at some point on my car if I can't improve the driver's side dump pipe...its only 2" on my car.

oh yeah, and the other thing I'm planning on doing is making a way to mount a remote filter bracket to the side of the engine block near the motor mounts to make the oil filter easier to change. I'll at least look into it.

Harold called me this evening to make sure my headers showed up on Friday. He also let me know that he has another set all ready to go, so if somebody is interested, give him a call.

I spoke with Harold on Monday, Feb. 16th and received my headers today,
Monday, Feb. 23rd. One week from Arkansas to Idaho. Way to go Harold.
He has another set if anyone is interested.

I just ordered a set of headers from Harold a few hours ago ( C.O.D ) He tells me i will have them by next wensday.... Awesome i guess we will see.

He sounded content with focusing all his hours to mopars instead of other race headers.

I just ordered a set of headers from Harold a few hours ago ( C.O.D ) He tells me i will have them by next wensday.... Awesome i guess we will see.

He sounded content with focusing all his hours to mopars instead of other race headers.
I ordered some headers from Harold yesterday(Monday,March 23/09)I mentioned C.O.D,said he couldn,t.I guess he,s a little scared about shipping to Canada?I went ahead and sent a money order,I had mentioned the horror stories about time delays.He said I should have them within 2 weeks,so we,ll see?He sounded sincere.I think the law must have came down on him and gave him a good scare(The PoPo have away of straightening out shysters,so I,m hoping he follows through with his word.The man could make a good living off of A-bodie owners!Fingers crossed!

i have a 66 Valiant and im wanting to put headers on mine also mines has a 383 in it what is an average price for some of those headers or does it depends on size of motor.

i have a 66 Valiant and im wanting to put headers on mine also mines has a 383 in it what is an average price for some of those headers or does it depends on size of motor.

spitfires are for small blocks. custom made are the only way to got for a big block.

I ordered some headers from Harold yesterday(Monday,March 23/09)I mentioned C.O.D,said he couldn,t.I guess he,s a little scared about shipping to Canada?I went ahead and sent a money order,I had mentioned the horror stories about time delays.He said I should have them within 2 weeks,so we,ll see?He sounded sincere.I think the law must have came down on him and gave him a good scare(The PoPo have away of straightening out shysters,so I,m hoping he follows through with his word.The man could make a good living off of A-bodie owners!Fingers crossed!

Ah scary... From all those website's up about the guy and everyone complaining about him I would have felt safer sending a money order to some stranger over this site and have them order it :p hah

I Agree though he did sound very sincere and did say he was going to focus on mopars only. He spoke about this forum, maybe he watches it? If so we all hope he does the right thing from now on.

He could make a killing off of us, if this one is in good condition (if i dont have to bang the crap out of it to make the bolts fit :p ) I plan on ordering a few more :)

My Spitfires arrived today. It took exactly 2 weeks from the day I called Harold to order them. They cost $235 shipped, including the COD charge. Hopefully, this kind of turnaround will continue. He seems like a truly nice guy with good intentions. If you're considering buying a set, go for it, just make sure you have them shipped COD. It only costs $10 extra.

I guess somehow the cost for COD rose $5 in the few weeks after you posted that :p my cost was 225 plus the 15 COD fee

I just called Harold, left a message to call me back, and he returned my call in less than 10 minutes. Harold was a pleasure to speak with, and said that he will ship my headers tomorrow, and the cost, including shipping to California, is $250.00. The headers are being sent COD, and Harold said that he would call me back, once the headers have been shipped, to give me the tracking number. I must say that I am impressed so far. Two thumbs up!

Talked to Harold today,my headers were shipped monday!Dang I wish I would have got them today,I have a 4 day weekend and would have gotten ready for the rest of exhaust!ABJ,Harold did mention making bigblock headers!

I'm the guy with the angelfire site... you know the "old news" site. To be honest, I'd forgotten all about the headers since I sold my vert a few years back. I'll have to see if I can remember the login to the site to update it.

Good to hear that Harold is making the headers again.I'll have to get back in touch with him.

I'm the guy with the angelfire site... you know the "old news" site. To be honest, I'd forgotten all about the headers since I sold my vert a few years back. I'll have to see if I can remember the login to the site to update it.

Good to hear that Harold is making the headers again.I'll have to get back in touch with him.
Well he,s back to his Kaniving ways,don,t send cash!

Then I guess I'll leave the angelfire site alone then. It's a shame he can't get it together. Such a goldmine. I hate building headers or I'd be all over it ;)

What are the sizes of his tubes? Im either going to make my own or get his. I debated this for a while, but its not much less to get the mandrel bends and fab them up. If I make my own, they are going to be like Hussler fenderwells. only 2 bends per runner! And my inners are already hacked from an old set of 5208's.

Back about 6mos ago I called harold about his headers and sent cash. It took about 3 weeks before I got them so I thought I was one of the lucky ones. I had to modify them with a hammer to get them to fit around the steering colum because he said he forgot to do it, he never did send me the collectors, had to order them myself (50 bucks)then the muffler guy had a hard time on the drivers side because he could'nt bend his pipe at that close an angle.then I sent them off for ceramic coating. They do work and look great but with all the trouble I probably should have went the tti's.They bolt in easy they say.?

Hi guys

ordered and got my spitfires within a week of ordering them. Had some problems with fedex but it was eventually worked out. Easy to install and fit great. thanks for the information on how to get a hold of Harold.

Please post the respond.

-
Back