Updates on the Demon Project

-
Just a quick update. Installed differential, ran front to rear brake line, ran front to rear fuel line. These were fun with the frame connectors. Used In Line tube stainless 3/8" fuel and standard brake line, in case it needed " modified". Started routing forward e brake cable, gonna have to relocate it a little to drivers side to clear frame tie. Got the KYB shocks installed, used the 5512 for a Monaco, these required me to remove the sleeved upper bushing and install replacements for the stud style. I know a lot of people don't care for them, but the four cost me 120$ on rock auto and Ive got a rebate for 40$ with buying 4. I used the 5512 because with the ss springs I measured 22" with weight off axle and they are only 1/2" longer compressed. All I can say is there is a lot going on in that little area forward of the gas tank. I also got the DOT 5 brake fluid ordered so maybe next week end I will work on finishing the brake system.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 426
nice! any chance you could post a side shot pic of your car? im interested in seeing how your wheels looks. i might be getting the same ones.

nice! any chance you could post a side shot pic of your car? im interested in seeing how your wheels looks. i might be getting the same ones.

Post 4 in this thread is the only side pics I've got.

ok, no problem. was just hoping to see a bigger photo :) looks good, keep it up!

Let's see if this works. This is one that's not been re sized.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 393
thats a bit better. thank you. going to be a awesome ride when done!

First time since I bought the Demon that it has moved under its own power!!! I am stoked. TTI headers into TTI 3" X pipe into Dynomax Ultra Flow 3" in and out. Was a good day with my dad there. Will have tail pipes installed after I get it on the road. Here's a video. Been working 3-4 hours a day last couple weeks before work to get here.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNdbbI3Kg3c"]71 Demon - YouTube[/ame]

Well we finally got some decent weather this week end. I'm starting to really get stoked. Friday I scuffed and epoxy primed the new front fenders, front valence, and the roof of the car. Today I managed to get everything coated with the 2K primer sealer. The reason I am using the 2K over the epoxy is because the epoxy has to be scuffed and reapplied after about a week and the 2K will get wet sanded right before paint. I epoxied the insides as well and once the 2K dried I just hung them back on the car temporarily. Been a long time since the car has been "almost" all the same color. Won't be on the road this summer but next is my goal. I have my younger children over the summers and with only getting to see them every few months they become the priority. Thanks for the interest.

View attachment IMG_1818.jpg

View attachment IMG_1819.jpg

View attachment IMG_1820.jpg

View attachment IMG_1821.jpg

View attachment IMG_1812.jpg

Finally getting some color. It's not perfect but I'm doing it and it's my first so....

image.jpeg

First time since I bought the Demon that it has moved under its own power!!! I am stoked. TTI headers into TTI 3" X pipe into Dynomax Ultra Flow 3" in and out. Was a good day with my dad there. Will have tail pipes installed after I get it on the road. Here's a video. Been working 3-4 hours a day last couple weeks before work to get here.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]KNdbbI3Kg3c[/MEDIA]"]71 Demon - YouTube[/ame]
Nice Job, big smile I see.....I can remember the first time mine started too.

PPG DBC 19282 Code SBE, PBE. Not sure what year.

Hello, quick update. This is how the Demon sits as of yesterday. Today I worked some more on door to qtr, fenders to door and hood alignment. I think I'm getting it worked out. I have just one question for those in the know (which is not me) when I get the door gap to qtrs and fenders good and then I align the hood front edge to fender extensions that leaves the gap at the hood to cowl panel at about a 1/4". Plus if I reduce the hood to cowl gap it wants to rub when opening and closing. Hinges are tight. So is that much gap normal? Thanks for looking and replying.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Well the last few weeks have been busy. After almost six years my car is all one color. There are some things to address but overall not bad for my first attempt at body and paint. It'll never be perfect but it's mine. The first pic is before doing any cut and buff. Second is of the upper parts of the fender and door where I started. Now to get the rest of it polished.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Spent two days this week end cutting and buffing. I got the roof, drivers side, and part of my hood done. Again I'm not a painter, this is my first paint job, and this gives me a whole new respect for the people that do this every day. Still got a lot more to do, but my goal is to be on the road next summer. I attached the fender trim, mirror and marker lights temporarily as a motivator and to get an idea how it looks. Thanks for the interest.

IMG_2514.JPG

IMG_2515.JPG

IMG_2516.JPG

Have been looking forward to an update. Looks killer ! Great work!

Been busy doing little things. This is one of the pita's I was dreading. Soda blasted the grille down and had to repair some mount tabs. The mount tabs I bought some 1/8" sheets of abs and cut to shape. I mixed abs slivers with a acetone to make a paste which worked very well as adhesive. The masking was a tedious affair but over all turned out good I think.

IMG_2768.JPG

IMG_2766.JPG

IMG_2767.JPG

image.jpg

What did you use to cut and buff, compound and pad?

-
Back