Valve spring tester

-

gzig5

Reaction score
Anyone use and have a recommendation for a more affordable valve spring tester? The "good" commercial ones a shop would use are near $1000 new and used versions about half that. I'd be a lot happier around $100-$200 because I'm only using it for my infrequent needs. I have a mill, drill press, and arbor press so the actuator and measuring part is covered, I just need an accurate pressure measuring device. I see some relatively cheap ones on ebay and amazon but haven't seen any positive reviews. I'd rather go without than use something that is off significantly. I prefer to have my own tools when I can, instead of borrowing.

Did you Google it? I see a lot of different ones in the sub $100-$400 range.

I use a hyd load cell tester for clutch pressure plate springs for a over 40 years.It was originally for valve springs,it would be a pain for 16 springs but it would work.I've seen them for $100 at summit and jegs.

Did you Google it? I see a lot of different ones in the sub $100-$400 range.
Yes I have. I'm hoping to get some real-world, been there done that feedback from here. So far I haven't found any substantial reviews of the cheaper hydraulic? type load cells in my searching.

I have a rimac spring tester and my buddy bought a proform digital spring tester so we decided to compare them. His tester fit in my rimac so we were able to instantly compare numbers throughout a range, we were both surprised that they were within a couple pounds of each other the whole way.

Yes I have. I'm hoping to get some real-world, been there done that feedback from here. So far I haven't found any substantial reviews of the cheaper hydraulic? type load cells in my searching.
I bought the Jegs bench vise style spring pressure tester. What I did was I bought a Comp Cams adapter that allows you to use a drill press as your spring tester the adapter goes in the chuck and presses flat against the actual spring tester. I found it to be very accurate and easy to use. However it did take about three or four of them to show up before one didn't leak LOL I guess patience is a virtue or Blind Faith

Last edited:
-
Back