What are 8 3/4 going for now a days ?

-

cawley

383 Bcuda
Reaction score
I am throwing around the idea of putting a dana in my barracuda. Maybe. Just wandering what I could get for my 8 3/4 rear. It was narrowed 1.5 inches from each side, spring perches moved in, new moser axles, new green bearings, new 3 inch wheel studs. 489 case w/ 3:55 gears. The gears have 55,000 miles on them. I was cleaned & painted. Just an idea I have.

SDC11919.JPG

In their stock form they're in the $1k ballpark. Modified and shortened? Who knows?

Last edited:
I am throwing around the idea of putting a dana in my barracuda. Maybe. Just wandering what I could get for my 8 3/4 rear. It was narrowed 1.5 inches from each side, spring perches moved in, new moser axles, new green bearings, new 3 inch wheel studs. 489 case w/ 3:55 gears. The gears have 55,000 miles on them. I was cleaned & painted. Just an idea I have.

View attachment 1715074906
You know, that one's been modified. Not really worth much but I'd be glad to take it off of your hands:lol:

Probably around 7-800 with open gears. You could definitely get more if it were stock a body length.

Yeah, the need for special offset wheels and stock center section might limit it a little but with newer parts probebly in the $1200-1400 range would be my guess.

Bought one recently, stock A Body housing, 741 3.55 sure grip, new brakes with NOS bell brake drums - $800

Somebody listed a stock one today for $500. Why not keep that over the Dana?
My plan is to build a 383 stroker w/ around 550 hp or what ever I need to do low 11s in the 1/4 & its a 4spd. I have found no one that says that the 8 3/4 will hold up. I know what I have in the 8 3/4 right now w/ out the brakes. Ill keep it before I take a loss

I don't mean to hijack the thread but I have a similar question.

My buddy put a Dana 60 into his '71 Hemicuda clone (my God that car is gorgeous...) and he's looking to sell the E-Body width (obviously) 8.75". It's a 489 case, with 4.56 limited slip, in working order.

I know he wants to unload it...What would something like that sell for? He asked me and I told him that the width and the ratio might make narrow the prospective buyers...

BTW, He's in CT if anyone is interested...

How much are the Dana 60 housings going for ? I heard that the older trucks had them. Anyone know anything about them ?

How much are the Dana 60 housings going for ? I heard that the older trucks had them. Anyone know anything about them ?
Well I took the plunge LOL I just bought a DANA 60 from a friend. So now all I have to do is sell my 8 3/4 to finance the rebuild LOL

I believe iam the one that bought the rear end from him... Fyi

The 8 3/4 should be good for 500 horse on the street. Race car may be not.

-
Back