What are yall paying to have your convertible tops replaced?

-

d100clubcab

Reaction score
I'm looking at a 65 Valley with the back plastic window gone but other than that the top is good?
Is this one of those "Legendary" items then pay someone local to install?

I'm looking at a 65 Valley with the back plastic window gone but other than that the top is good?
Is this one of those "Legendary" items then pay someone local to install?
A good shop should be able to replace the window for a lot less than replacing the entire top.

Do it yourself if you are handy. Go slow, take lots of pics and the number one mistake to avoid is installing it too tight. It will shrink about 3% with time so give it a little slack. See my avatar.

Hi,
Yes do it yourself...O did mine in my 69 Dart Covert...not that hard, take your time and no issues, easy to adjust if needed.. Google is your friend...look around

2 years ago I paid around $1800 for my 67 to have a new top with a glass rear window, and new well liner. Still looks great despite sitting outside in Florida sun all the time.

Not an old mopar. But I just had the one on my 2001 Cobra replaced. Called about 5-6 shops prices ranged from 1100-1500. Then by luck I found a guy that was mobile did it for 800. This was top glass back window install. Came out awesome.

It's almost a lost art... there were a dozen or more 'top shops' near my home in the 50's and 60's... so many tops that I see now have horrible installs.

Find a reputable shop in your area to just add rear window.
A complete top will run you a grand to $1,500. at least for quality job.
The shop will order top to your specs. so they can warranty it.
Do not recommend trying yourself no matter how many install videos you view.
They are a PITA to get right and with no serious previous experience. GFL.

Find a reputable shop in your area to just add rear window.
A complete top will run you a grand to $1,500. at least for quality job.
The shop will order top to your specs. so they can warranty it.
Do not recommend trying yourself no matter how many install videos you view.
They are a PITA to get right and with no serious previous experience. GFL.
I did one myself, not too bad if you take your time...IMO My 64 sport fury...

-
Back