69fstbkcuda

Reaction score
.30 over
Stock heads
Stock headers
Mild Cam
Aluminum 4bbl intake
Turd eldabrock carb

Looking to buy a new carb, what are you guys running?

.30 over
Stock heads
Stock headers
Mild Cam
Aluminum 4bbl intake
Turd eldabrock carb

I have a hopped-up teener and I run a 600 CFM Edelbrock with vacuum secondaries. Runs great! I have a 625 CFM four barrel if you need one.

What's stock headers? Do you mean factory manifolds?
Anyways, I have a 670 Holley Street Avenger on my factory stock-block 318, factory manifolds, summit cam and home ported heads. Works great!

.30 over
Stock heads
Stock headers
Mild Cam
Aluminum 4bbl intake
Turd eldabrock carb

I am running this carb on my 318. The below carb has annular boosters, which provide finer atomization than downleg or straight boosters.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-m08600vs/overview/

I do not recommend it because I get carburetor icing when the temperatures are between 40*F and 60*F with high humidity when cruising at highway speeds. I experience this between sea level and 500 feet elevation.

intake manifold is edelbrock performer
heads are stock '68 675 heads, no work done to them.
cam is lunati 10200701
stock exhaust manifolds.

I will swap this carb out as soon as I get my 600cfm Holley rebuilt. Which cannot happen soon enough.

What's stock headers? Do you mean factory manifolds?
Anyways, I have a 670 Holley Street Avenger on my factory stock-block 318, factory manifolds, summit cam and home ported heads. Works great!
Lol yea I meant stock manifolds (but factory headers would be way cooler):BangHead:

I used a Holley 600 CFM double-pumper, but that was with 4.56 rear end and four-speed.

65 Valiant5.jpeg

I have a 1405 eldelbrock 600cfm laying around... I guess I'll get me a rebuild kit and see where that gets me.

Holley 600 should be fine..

Yea man! A simple 1850 would be very good for general purposes to a modified mill.
I used an 1850 on a 318 Duster with typical bolt one and a small cam. Excellent all day long.

Some day I'll get around to installing electric fuel pumps in my three classic carburated Mopars. Until then, it's keep a little gasoline in a plastic squeeze bottle (former sport drink container) and pump a couple of squirts down the carb throat and into the carb vents. Then they fire right up, quicker than my fuel-injected daily drivers.

I have a mildly hopped up 318 and I'm running a 600 cfm Holley and the car runs great. With the setup as you explained it, there is no need to go overkill on the carb.

solid flat tappet, EQ mag heads Edel AVS 650 ,small 6 psi electric fuel pump. no issues

I have a 1405 eldelbrock 600cfm laying around... I guess I'll get me a rebuild kit and see where that gets me.
You didn't say what intake manifold or if it is manual or automatic and why you are dissatisfied with the Edelbrock 1405 carb.

I personally run the Edelbrock versions of the AVS Carter. Ran Holley's in the old days when MPG didn't matter and I didn't mind constant maintenance on my cars. Both have pro's and con's . Holley's are prone to dirt, debris clogging metering block passages. Run a good quality fuel filter before the pump and before the carb. Carters don't leak fuel at the bowls and don't have to be removed to do most any tuning mods . Mother Mopar used Carters as OE for many, many years...

-
Back