What computer to use for EFI in my Dart

-

hemichuck

Reaction score
i have a 1970 Dart I am building and I have assembled a Magnum style 408 to put in it. I have a Hughs air gap for Tuned Port Injection that I would like to use on it but I was wondering if anyone had recommendations on what type of computer I should use to run it.

I've tried that before back when I had a Dakota. The factory computers don't have the ability to compensate for the strokers and bigger cams.

must have been OBD I, we have flashed factory OBD II pcm for 408's with .570 lift cams on 110 LSA. Blown strokers with large cams using factory pcm are very common place now days. If you have a very good idea of how injection works, fuel maps and timing curves then you might try mega squirt system but you are on your own for programming and tech help other than their forum which is not Dodge specific.

I've tried that before back when I had a Dakota. The factory computers don't have the ability to compensate for the strokers and bigger cams.

You didn't use an SCT Tuner with a custom tune then. I used a '98 PCM for a manual trans and a Hotwire Auto Hot Rod harness on my 5.9 & later on my 500+ hp 408 with a pretty large cam on a 108* LSA. I just drove it from the Bay Area to LA for Fall Fling yesterday and got 17 mpg averaging 70mph.

Thats what is commonly referred to as OBD I, the OBD II has the ability to accept quite a few programming mods via ALDL port or what most call the scanner plug. OBD II is 96+ and can be easily modified via SCT tuner file through the ALDL plug or a "bench flash" or "hard flash" . I would recommend a SCT "soft flash" as its less invasive to pcm internals. You will need a 96+ harness and pcm to make it work.

-
Back