What you wish you had kept

-

Davidrad

Reaction score
I'm selling off my parts car to a friend. All that's left is the body. Which peices of metal do you wish you had kept? I'm afraid I'm selling something I may need in the future. Thoughts?...

I wish I had kept my 67 Barracuda convertible /6. So, I wish I had kept ALL the metal.

I can honestly say I don't have any thing I wish I would have kept. I've only owned my dart for 12 years and it's the first car I ever owned. I've sold the original drive train but that was slant six stuff. Everything from v8 over the years is still on the self.

Are you kidding! Everything, I had a 1961 Cadillac fleetwood 75 9 passenger w/chauffeur window, I was 18 and just bought my first AAR so it had to go, 72 340 duster, 70 340 Cuda, 2 AAR Cudas, 70 barracuda Arizona car, to many to list 340 motors, 68 roadrunner my very first car, wish I still had that, 65 barracuda, still have a 64 barracuda, to many to list and a lot of motorcycles.

Plenty of cars I wish I'd kept but the biggest regret is the '70 Charger R/T 440-4/auto, FC7/black, 3.55 SG. Bought it in '88 for $1100 with a 383 in it. Original 440 was gone, but I had a nice running '69 440 on the stand.

Sold it because I was bored and wanted something that ran. I still kick myself over that.

Too many, one of the biggest was a 70 Challenger R/T 440 4 speed STP car that I crushed in the early 80's. Cars were cheap then, who knew that if I had the cars I had back then now, I would be sitting on hundreds of thousands of dollars in parts. At one time, I had 11 E bodies in my yard, was forced to get rid of them.

Oh the early 80's I bought my 2nd AAR in 83 for a whopping $700

These 2 I still have the lady in the 64

20160810_120804.jpg

20160515_145103.jpg

The 70 440-6 RR Sold in the mid 70s when gas was going up. Been going up ever since LOL

I'm selling off my parts car to a friend. All that's left is the body. Which peices of metal do you wish you had kept? I'm afraid I'm selling something I may need in the future. Thoughts?...
We got off track here. Lower 1/4s and trunk extensions if they don't repop them. Depending on what car it is look on amd's website and see what pieces are not being repopped

As far as body sheet metal, I say anything that isnt rusty. I have a 70 Dart, and the lower valances front and rear are good pieces to keep, Fender extensions front and rear (70-72 dart) Doors and hoods, but they are big to store. Again as long as they aren't rusty. I know alot of sheet metal is available reproduction, but factory pieces are still better to have on your car IMO. Window glass just about everything lOL! If you are urious abot a certain part, look it up as if you were going to buy it. I think the repop valences are pricey.

I remember doing a garage cleanout in the 90's, Tossed a 70-71 Dart/Demon grill, it was cracked up pretty bad, but it could have been repaired. Also unloaded a 360 short block, I think i gave it away. i had a 340 and figured id never use it. Wouldn't mind having those items now.

Plenty of cars I let go over the years that I wish I had kept. I had about 10 duster parts cars at one time. A few years back a guy offered me 6 dusters he had in his yard but I turned them down and they got scrapped. Yeah, really regret it now.
As far as your parts car, save anything that is in good shape and especially pieces that are not reproduced. I personally like to keep a spare of most parts that may be damaged while driving. I have extra grills, fenders, valance, etc.
I used to pick up A body parts cars all day for $50 but the supply is dried up for the most part. I look at the price on the repro sheet metal and I want to choke someone. This stuff has doubled(sometimes tripled) in price in the past 10 years.

64 Falcon, Futura, 260, 4speed. -- 65 Plymouth Belvedere II, 426 Wedge, 4 speed. -- 66 Nova, SS, L79, 327, 350 HP, 4 speed -- (all previous were new) -- 1973 Dart Sport, 426 Street Hemi, done By Mr. Norm's & The Ramchargers. -- Lots of others, but these are the ones, that would be, quite, valuable, today.

Well THATS one you never hear!! I have one ex girlfriend (I was 16 she was 14 so barely that) and I'll never have an ex wife so I won't ever have to worry about it either way
Get dumped for being young and dumb by a wonderful lady and it will strike you right in the male feels.

-
Back