What's on your Mopar bucket list?

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was seriously looking at a 64 Dart a week ago and that's what got me thinking..........What's on my Mopar bucket list. I have always wanted a 64 Dart. Lets look back a few decades. My first car back in the 70's was a 65 Dart. Man, it was cool. (or so I thought.) A 270 2 doot post. White with a painted black top and a red interior. Kinda sharp really. It had a Hypo 273 under the hood with a 3 on the tree. I find out now that it was pretty rare but who cares about that when you are 16. That thing would smoke that single 13" bias ply, bald tire right off the rim. I thought I had a hot rod. Well when I turned 50 about 12 years ago I decided I needed to get back into the Mopar hobby. I looked on the net for 63-66 Darts. My eyes kept going back to the style of the 64's so I started looking for a nice 64 Dart. Long story short I found my 66 and the story goes on. Well I have been thinking about that Moapr bucket list. I'm 62 and not getting any younger. How many years do I have left in this hobby? What car would I like to end up with when they take my license away? How many of your old cars would want back? Well, Here's my list. Please post yours and a story why if you like. Post lots of pics too.

64 Dodge Dart I keep gravitating towards white with a red interior
69 Super Bee I would take a Coronet too. I had a Bee and a couple Coronets.
Plymouth Arrow May be a old race car put back on the street
69 Dart GT I'm nuts about that center painted molding and finally to finish off,
64 Dodge Polara I would take a 330 or a 440 but at 70+ years old it better have power steering, brakes and ac.

There you have it!

I was seriously looking at a 64 Dart a week ago and that's what got me thinking..........What's on my Mopar bucket list. I have always wanted a 64 Dart. Lets look back a few decades. My first car back in the 70's was a 65 Dart. Man, it was cool. (or so I thought.) A 270 2 doot post. White with a painted black top and a red interior. Kinda sharp really. It had a Hypo 273 under the hood with a 3 on the tree. I find out now that it was pretty rare but who cares about that when you are 16. That thing would smoke that single 13" bias ply, bald tire right off the rim. I thought I had a hot rod. Well when I turned 50 about 12 years ago I decided I needed to get back into the Mopar hobby. I looked on the net for 63-66 Darts. My eyes kept going back to the style of the 64's so I started looking for a nice 64 Dart. Long story short I found my 66 and the story goes on. Well I have been thinking about that Moapr bucket list. I'm 62 andnot getting any younger. How many years do I have left in this hobby? What car would I like to end up with when they take my license away? How many of your old cars would want back? Well, Here's my list. Please post yours and a story why if you like. Post lots of pics too.

69 Dart GT I'm nuts about that center painted molding and finally to finish off,
64 Dodge Polara I would take a 330 or a 440 but at 70+ years old it better have power steering, brakes and ac.

There you have it!
68 - 70 Charger

Finish the 65 formula s I have. I was off last week and the humidity was so high it would have been impossible to paint.

I still looking for an early 340 or 360 block so I can put the 416 internals in it. According to the time slips I got from the car it was in, it was 2800 lbs & went 9.40s. My car is 2500 lbs with me in it, so on paper I should be in the low 9s. I've been patient, but I really want to get it built & in the car this winter so I can go play next spring.

I was seriously looking at a 64 Dart a week ago and that's what got me thinking..........What's on my Mopar bucket list. I have always wanted a 64 Dart. Lets look back a few decades. My first car back in the 70's was a 65 Dart. Man, it was cool. (or so I thought.) A 270 2 doot post. White with a painted black top and a red interior. Kinda sharp really. It had a Hypo 273 under the hood with a 3 on the tree. I find out now that it was pretty rare but who cares about that when you are 16. That thing would smoke that single 13" bias ply, bald tire right off the rim. I thought I had a hot rod. Well when I turned 50 about 12 years ago I decided I needed to get back into the Mopar hobby. I looked on the net for 63-66 Darts. My eyes kept going back to the style of the 64's so I started looking for a nice 64 Dart. Long story short I found my 66 and the story goes on. Well I have been thinking about that Moapr bucket list. I'm 62 and not getting any younger. How many years do I have left in this hobby? What car would I like to end up with when they take my license away? How many of your old cars would want back? Well, Here's my list. Please post yours and a story why if you like. Post lots of pics too.

There you have it!
we have very similar tastes. I have always wanted a 64 dart GT convertible, 4spd of course. Another 68 Dart GTS, probably the nicest Dodge I've ever owned, and should have never sold. A 68/69 Coronet 500. And a 64 Polara 500.

Dang Mike ,why you bring up a 64 Dart ? I kick my self for ever selling it to my brother-in-law.you know he just had to have it,wouldn't stop pestering me,,tellin'me all the things he was going to do. What did he do ? First car show he took it to he flipped it.GRRRR. Man was I pissed....
Ok, got that off my chest.Always wanted a SuperBird.Yeah, that ain't gonna happen.......

IMG_2000.jpg

There you have it!

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda, 340/auto, B5 blue with black interior and front buckets

Any one of the 1962 Dodge 413 max wedge super stock mopars.

1964 sport fury, 383/4 speed. In light blue. (Grandfathers first car he bought after highschool)

Dang Mike ,why you bring up a 64 Dart ? I kick my self for ever selling it to my brother-in-law.you know he just had to have it,wouldn't stop pestering me,,tellin'me all the things he was going to do. What did he do ? First car show he took it to he flipped it.GRRRR. Man was I pissed....
Ok, got that off my chest.Always wanted a SuperBird.Yeah, that ain't gonna happen.......

View attachment 1715101853
yeah, I would totally be pissed about that, too.

A 1970 Roadrunner! Currently taking trade offers for my GTX!! Looking to trade for one in likewise condition!!

IMG_2007.JPG

One of the first Mopars I remember drooling over was a 66 Charger with 383 four barrel emblems on the fender. Not everyone's taste but I love them especially the full length console, four bucket seats and the electroluminescent gauges. When I am ready to stop racing that would be my ideal cruiser.

You know we all hear about the guy that has had his old mop for like ,,ever.
Well, this was mine back in 1976. Thru the years it was parted out to no more than a shell.It move around this friend had it for awhile, then another,then the son of another. It was a 'someday car". You know "Some day I'm gonna put that thing back together". Well 2 years ago my high school friend for over 40 years and my brother suprised me with my old wreck. They did all the body work and paint,installed the glass and told me to finish the car.So far it's been sitting in the trailer.I got a parts car(I actually had it before they did this) and have been gathering parts to complete it.Yeah, it sure has been a "Bucket List" project. Like you Mike I ain't gettin' any younger !!!

keystone_a5.JPG

keystone_a4.JPG

0709161416b.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

Finish my two 65 Barracudas and take one to a car show and the other to the local drag strip...Oh yeah! Cruise the local Blvd. and make all the young ones envious.
"A Pirate looks at 70" (Jimmy Buffett)

You know we all hear about the guy that has had his old mop for like ,,ever.
Well, this was mine back in 1976. Thru the years it was parted out to no more than a shell.It move around this friend had it for awhile, then another,then the son of another. It was a 'someday car". You know "Some day I'm gonna put that thing back together". Well 2 years ago my high school friend for over 40 years and my brother suprised me with my old wreck. They did all the body work and paint,installed the glass and told me to finish the car.So far it's been sitting in the trailer.I got a parts car(I actually had it before they did this) and have been gathering parts to complete it.Yeah, it sure has been a "Bucket List" project. Like you Mike I ain't gettin' any younger !!!

View attachment 1715101873

View attachment 1715101874

View attachment 1715101875

View attachment 1715101876
There's that white with a red molding thing. Nice!

Guess I'll copy this over from Abodybomber's thread I posted it in...............'58 Imperial Drop Top...................
dsc_2388_72-jpg.jpg

-
Back