wheel Question tire help 72 DEMON

-

Pentastar 01

Reaction score
Hi,Anyone who has done more homework than me,been fostering the grandbaby lately..So I 've been looking at wheels for my Demon. stock spring location.
Will a 17 in. x 8.0 in 4.5 backspacing +1 offset work well all the way around?
If so who can recommend some tire sizes for her.? thanks

I'd really measure for yourself. The rear is so easy to measure and these cars can vary some.

ha man you are right,but ive got this kiddo.. at the present
The front spindles are 73 I've got adapters for the rear for the time being

so your running adapters that will need to be added to your backspacing?

how old is this grandbaby, can she hold the dumb end of a tape measure?

well im thinking that they'll stick out in the rear till I do my axles.. nah..baby girl is 19 months lol

so your looking to buy wheels that fit your axle later, but install them now?

man, thats just asking for trouble

but, if you like tires past the fenders, i got a set of small bolt 14X10s ill sell you

tire.jpg

Only reason I replaced the 14x10s with 15x8s is because no one sells N50-14s anymore
Otherwise I would have added 20 psi to the old Gabriel's and rocked those steamrollers

What size wheel and b.s is this? That’s the look I want for my dart sport
The wheel is a 14x10

I dont mind selling them to you, but shipping will be ridiculous and the tires are not safe to drive on

17x8 in the front with a 4.5” backspace won’t let you run more than a 225 wide tire at the most, which will be stretched on an 8” rim. For 17x8’s in the front you want at least 5” of backspace so you can run a decently wide tire. Otherwise run a 17x7.

If you’re running spacers in the back to go from 5x4” to 5x4.5” then 4.5” of backspace on a 17x8 might not be enough backspace in the rear either. But it will depend on what axle you’ve got and what spacers you’re running.

17x8 in the front with a 4.5” backspace won’t let you run more than a 225 wide tire at the most, which will be stretched on an 8” rim. For 17x8’s in the front you want at least 5” of backspace so you can run a decently wide tire. Otherwise run a 17x7.

If you’re running spacers in the back to go from 5x4” to 5x4.5” then 4.5” of backspace on a 17x8 might not be enough backspace in the rear either. But it will depend on what axle you’ve got and what spacers you’re running.
yeah, bolt on adapters will be at least 3/4" thick (1" thick if you want the original wheelstuds to not stick past the adapters, you need a pocket in the wheel to run 3/4" thick ones). that will effectively add 1.5-2" to the rear axle width.

-
Back