wheel to fender clearance

-

mopardemon340

Reaction score
how much clearance is needed for the wheel to fender. i got a half inch of clearance between the tire and the front lower corner of the rear fender..

That's plenty
Besides, it's not the outer fender you need to worry about, it's the inner fenderwell, which narrows to the top

Have someone slowly turn the steering wheel full lock to lock while you're watching. Check both sides as they're not always the same...

Have someone slowly turn the steering wheel full lock to lock while you're watching. Check both sides as they're not always the same...

This. The clearance at the lower front corner changes dramatically as the wheel is turned. That's worse with wider tires, but it also depends on backspace.

In the front the spots that cause the most problems are the front corner, the lip of the fender opening near the top/front of the wheel arch, and the rear frame at full lock. At least those are the spots that came up with my 275/35/18's, which are wide and also fairly tall at 25.6".

its the rear wheel well. its the lower corner to the front side of the wheel well.. front of the car is a non issue only the rear with 28 tall tires..

If you have 1/2 inch with 28s, Ima thinking your ride height is higher than some of us. Have a couple of 200 pounders climb into the backseat. If it doesn't touch, you are good to go.
I had a quarter inch with a lowered ride height, and it was good. Under full power, the rear end will try to come forward, but on the street traction is hard to come by. And I have poly bushings. So for me 1/4 " was good.

well i did air up the air shocks some. we are are going with MT street slicks 275/60/15s and still need to get our caltracs, and some spacers cause we arent relocating the springs.

well i did air up the air shocks some. we are are going with MT street slicks 275/60/15s and still need to get our caltracs, and some spacers cause we arent relocating the springs.
slicks will grow too much for 1/2" clearance, drag radials probly won`t.

-
Back