Where can I get pre-formed brake lines? Just the two that go from the M/C to the dist block.

-

69_340_GTS

Reaction score
Where can I get pre-formed brake lines? Just the two that go from the non-power master cylinder to the distribution block - 1969 Dart. Can't find them anywhere all of a sudden. Plain steel, stainless steel, I don't care, and they do not need to look like OEM. None at Summit, Jegs, Right Stuff, SSTubes aka Fine Lines, PST, Ram Man, Inline Tube, Year One, Jim's, or Classic Tube. Some of these places have them, but only as part of a 4-piece set. I'm not going to buy the 4 piece set, pay the extra shipping (length), and then throw away $50 worth of brake lines.

Last edited:
I bought a set of these last year. Pretty sure it was Fine Lines.

I bought a set of these last year. Pretty sure it was Fine Lines.
When I search for Fine Lines the browser takes me to SSTubes. They do not appear to have them. I guess I'll have to call them. Dante's may have them too, but damn, is their web site a disaster!

Classic Industries PN YKT6801R 68-72 A-Body standard brake lines. But I think they were actually made by Inline Tube, now that I look at the paperwork. I actually ordered 2 sets of brake lines last year -- one with 4 lines and one with 2 -- so I'm not sure which one this was.

Yikes. I didn't have any trouble with mine FWIW. Exact fit replacements.

Yeah if my memory serves me, I always heard good about them?? Somebody went to great lengths to get their word out LOL.
Do you remember what kit you ordered? I will eventually need some lines for my 69 vert front disc.
Yikes. I didn't have any trouble with mine FWIW. Exact fit replacements.

Last edited:
Classic Industries PN YKT6801R 68-72 A-Body standard brake lines. But I think they were actually made by Inline Tube, now that I look at the paperwork. I actually ordered 2 sets of brake lines last year -- one with 4 lines and one with 2 -- so I'm not sure which one this was.
That's for the 4-piece front set. I looked thru 12 pages of A-body brake parts and never saw a 2-piece set. Another place to call. Thanks!

Last edited:
Inline's quality is okay if you can ever get them to send the RIGHT lines. Classic Tube custom made some lines for me at no charge after some in their normal kit were not right. I sent in my old ones which they copied and they looked and fit perfectly.
Yote

Last edited:
Evidently new to that company as they were different than their normal kit for my car. They even had to use my original tube nuts because they didn't have any thing that would work. The tubes were short with multiple bends. I would have hated to try to replicate them myself even with a quality tubing bender.
Yote

How hard is it to bend some tubes? Are they some weird configuration?
No, not too hard, but... You definitely need a small tubing bender and even then, you'd better be good with it, or they'll turn out ugly. And, I do not believe that you can get the pre-terminated ones like NAPA or Advance sells with the oddball size nut on one end of it. So even if you could buy the correct length pre-made, you'll need a double-flare tool as well to install the special nut.

No, not too hard, but... You definitely need a small tubing bender and even then, you'd better be good with it, or they'll turn out ugly. And, I do not believe that you can get the pre-terminated ones like NAPA or Advance sells with the oddball size nut on one end of it. So even if you could buy the correct length pre-made, you'll need a double-flare tool as well to install the special nut.
aint rocket science, bend ur own. double flaring tool is not a problem, neither is finding the right fittings.

aint rocket science, bend ur own. double flaring tool is not a problem, neither is finding the right fittings.
Flaring tool is a piece of cake. But getting the bends to look right is a big problem for me. Some of us are much more skilled than others. I've tried this several times with crap results.

-
Back