Which intake for turbo 360 magnum??

-

mopar65

Reaction score
well I hope one of these days I will get to start my 360 magnum turbo build. Right now I am just trying to make a list of parts I need for the build. But kind of stuck on which intake to get.

By that I mean I have it down to two choices. Which are the Edelbrock super victor which looks like it is allready drilled for the fuel injectors or the Indy single plane for magnum engines. But I will have to have it drilled for the fuel rails.
So looking for info and advice on which one i should buy or recommend a diffrent one? But looks to me like there isn't much to chose from for the magnum engine.
This will be for my strip/ street dart sport.

Before I even got to the end of your post I was thinking the victor. I've had issues with Indy intakes. I'd avoid them.

Before I even got to the end of your post I was thinking the victor. I've had issues with Indy intakes. I'd avoid them.

Thanks for the reply. What kind of issues did you have? The only the I have used from Indy so far is a set of there EZ heads for my 440. They worked great. But of course I didn't buy them through Indy.lol

I bought a indy dual plane and I had to grind it for the dizzy to clear. It also did very poorly in testing compared to other intakes.

Don't think the Edelbrock intake will work with a standard Magnum intake bolt pattern, only the LA style. Doesn't mean you couldn't buy EQ heads with the LA bolt pattern, but it stopped me from looking at that intake due to the heads I already had.

Unless I am misunderstanding which intake, or things have changed in the last 6 months.

Just a thought.

Indy intakes need work. Period!
Then there is the MoPar M1, good luck finding one.

Don't think the Edelbrock intake will work with a standard Magnum intake bolt pattern, only the LA style. Doesn't mean you couldn't buy EQ heads with the LA bolt pattern, but it stopped me from looking at that intake due to the heads I already had.

Unless I am misunderstanding which intake, or things have changed in the last 6 months.

Just a thought.

Yes you are very right. My fault for not looking at the pick better. I put Dodge magnum intake in the search engine and the Edelbrock super victor came up. I never noticed it was for the LA heads. Well that sucks. So looks like Indy it is. lol I don't have the money this year for the EQ heads. Unless I can find a set really cheep. lol probably not worth the time etc. but has anybody drilled the factory magnum heads for a LA intake?

Indy intakes need work. Period!
Then there is the MoPar M1, good luck finding one.

I looked for a M1 and it's crazey what they are going for. If you can find one. It's a shame there are not more magnum single plane intakes to chose from.

Yes! Fiat/MoPar is no longer interested in making any LA parts so gettem while ya can!

You can drill a Magnum head for an LA intake.

To expensive --> Mopar Performance Single Plane Intake Manifold - P5155314

And cheaper than Jegs

Wonder if you could actually get the delivered. I thought there weren't any available anymore, so I only looked for used and gave up.

I wanted the Victor intake bad, but just couldn't make it pencil out.

I bought the Hughes intake as I didn't feel like there was much choice. Didn't want the beer barrel for my EFI swap and the thought of building a custom intake had me wanting to give up. Seems that people make really good power with the RPM AG, and making it an EFI intake shouldn't hurt that any, so I bit the bullet and ordered one.

Seems like there was someone on here with an Aussie Valiant (or similar) that had a turbo Magnum and (maybe?) a Hughes intake and he seemed to make good power with it? BadAss71?

Conventional wisdom says to run a single plane on a turbo. I have an RPM Air Gap on my Magnum but that was just because it was what I had.

I used a MP M1, mag single plane intake, 4bbl top, drilled for basic injectors.

Pn: 312-P5007790

Bought it off jegs for $300 but don't see it there anymore.

Only problem I had was that the injector boss is almost vertical. So when I put the rails on, the throttle linkage was so tight I had to grind the fuel rail to make it fit. Could have raised the throttle body but I didn't have hood clearance.

Ok have to update my post. I finally got a intake for my build. I found a brand new Indy intake for $300 shipped. Here is a pic of it

IMG_0556.PNG

-
Back