Which torque converter

-

CichliDart

Well, where is it now?
Reaction score
Normally I can read a post and walk away with what I need.

I just need to know which torque converter to use with a 99 Magnum 5.9 and a 727.

I have a 72 LA 360 and matching 727.

I had a great parts list made up for a magnum swap but apparently everything I own gets moved, lost, or stolen.

Many thanks.

Mike
CichliDart

If your Magnum engine is remaining mostly mild or stock, you can cut the large weight(s) off of your old 727 torque converter and re-use the stock Magnum flex plate. One torque converter bolt hole in the Magnum flex plate will need to be slotted a little to work, so be sure to do that and test fit it before any assembly.
If you are buying a new torque converter anyways, get one that is neutral balanced and do the same stock Magnum flex plate modification.

If your Magnum engine is remaining mostly mild or stock, you can cut the large weight(s) off of your old 727 torque converter and re-use the stock Magnum flex plate. One torque converter bolt hole in the Magnum flex plate will need to be slotted a little to work, so be sure to do that and test fit it before any assembly.
If you are buying a new torque converter anyways, get one that is neutral balanced and do the same stock Magnum flex plate modification.

Thank you Bobzilla,
My daily driver I think has had a cam lobe go flat or burned valve and I am trying to see what the cost would be to switch to a junkyard Magnum 5.9.

Mike

-
Back