who makes seat covers for 65 dodge dart 270 bench seat

-

73dart360

Reaction score
I cannot find front and rear upholtery covers f for my 65 dart 270 2 door Bench seat ,Can someone tell me if they are even reproduced?

I need a red set for my 65 270 wagon and a friend of mine Johan need a red set for his 270 convertible. But to my knowledge nobody does them. I hope I'm wrong!!

We know where to find the material at least!

I'm in the same boat with my 66 Valiant Signet with the split beach. I think the only way is to get them reupholstered.

A friend of mine - also a member here - bought material from them to do a set of buckets for his 65 Valiant 2 door sedan (which never came with buckets. Said the material wasn't cheap but it was NOS and matched his back seat perfectly.

A friend of mine - also a member here - bought material from them to do a set of buckets for his 65 Valiant 2 door sedan (which never came with buckets.

I have a 64 Valiant V200 vert with a bench. The frame appears to be good but the vinyl is all dried out and cracked. I bought a pair of 65 cuda buckets from a FABO member and bought bucket seat covers and buns from Legendary for a 64 Signet. I ordered them at a big Mopar show where they had a table and got 20% off. Have not done the deed yet as I've been concentrating on getting the car running. Later I bought new rear Signet seat covers to match.
I didn't have a problem with keeping the bench, (it's kinda quaint) but the buckets in a factory pattern are a convenient way out. 99% of the people will never know buckets were not available in a V200.

I agree with you. As I said,.I'm in the same boat trying to find covers for my split bench for my 66 Signet. I'm going to go with Summit Racing bucket seats. Complete seat with cover, sliding brackets and fixed bracket, they are a little over $100 each. Also thinking of going to a local scrap yard to see what they have in bucket seats. I've used the Summit seats in another car and liked them. For $100 more or so you can get Procar buckets from Summit that look really nice. That's if you want to go with buckets..!

Last edited:
I agree with you. As I said,.I'm in the same boat trying to find covers for my split bench for my 66 Signet. I'm going to go with Summit Racing bucket seats. Complete seat with cover, sliding brackets and fixed bracket, they are a little over $100 each. Also thinking of going to a local scrap yard to see what they have in bucket seats. I've used the Summit seats in another car and liked them. For $100 more or so you can get Procar buckets from Summit that look really nice. That's if you want to go with buckets..!
Do you have any pictures of installed pro car buckets ? I saw them they look nice ,I`d like to see them in a car.

Do you have any pictures of installed pro car buckets ? I saw them they look nice ,I`d like to see them in a car.

No not yet, but what I did was hit my local scrape yard and purchased 2 buckets ($75 for the pair) in perfect condition from a 2003 Tiburon. They will look great. Prepping the floor tonight for the new carpet and will start the install in a few days of the buckets. I need to fabricate brackets to bolt the seats to. I saved a **** load of money going this way..!!

No not yet, but what I did was hit my local scrape yard and purchased 2 buckets ($75 for the pair) in perfect condition from a 2003 Tiburon. They will look great. Prepping the floor tonight for the new carpet and will start the install in a few days of the buckets. I need to fabricate brackets to bolt the seats to. I saved a **** load of money going this way..!!
My son and I are restoring his 66 Dart 270 Sedan. Has a bench seat in the front. Legandary was able to make a seat cover to match the original by using the old seat cover I sent them as a pattern. Came out very good and was a very reasonable price (comparable to the price of covers they have in their catalog).

My son and I are restoring his 66 Dart 270 Sedan. Has a bench seat in the front. Legandary was able to make a seat cover to match the original by using the old seat cover I sent them as a pattern. Came out very good and was a very reasonable price (comparable to the price of covers they have in their catalog).

If you don't mind me asking what did they charge you?

If you don't mind me asking what did they charge you?
Originally I ordered a front seat cover from them while at Spring Carlisle. They were offering a discount of 20% at the event. They took my order but the salesperson apparently didn't realize that they didn't make a full bench seat cover, only a split bench seat cover. That is what they sent me, which I had to send back (at their cost). After that we worked out that if I sent them my old cover they would use it as a pattern and make a new cover for the full bench seat, which is what they did. They charged me the same price as the split bench cover, so after the 20% discount the price came out to $254.40.
Sorry I don't have pictures of the finished seat but it was done to match the original seat cover colors (see picture of old cover). Really came out better than I expected.

Let me know if you need any additional info.

Legacy

IMG_1551.JPG

Tiburan buckets -Did you have to change the mounting holes or brackets ?

Tiburan buckets -Did you have to change the mounting holes or brackets ?

I didn't get a chance to put them in as of yet, but yes we will be using the original holes to mount the outer brackets and of course making new holes and reinforcing those for the inner brackets. We need to fabricate new brackets as the original Tiburon brackets would be to low for the car. We will use the Tiburon brackets, but just extending them about 3 to 4" higher.

-
Back