Wiley's Revenge.

-

Revhendo

Master ACME Tech
Reaction score
So here's the tattered tale of my Valiant. Bought with a little bit of damage to the nose, but complete and running. I had picked up Val for my daughter's 16th birthday as a father/daughter thing. Sparing the story, I ended up with a 1969 Plymouth 2 door.

Doing some shopping down in Dago got the sheetmetal and pieces needed to make her a whole car again.

Attachments

• ashton's valiant 006.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 963
  • ashton's valiant 056.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 961
Well, the 9 inch drum brakes and 13" wheels sucked. The 7 1/4 was confidence inspiring to say the least. So, in went the upgrades....

Attachments

• valiant 008.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 947
  • valiant 010.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 902
  • valiant 014.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 868
  • valiant 021.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 938
Well, this was a lot of fun to drive, if not a little slow with a tired slanty under the hood. But, after the years of driving her like this, I got a little tired of everything taller than my sway bar making it's mark on my nerves. So first the factory ralley wheels went on. Then, there was this little 66 Valiant on this board that just kept nagging at me. It always looked like the perfect little hotrod.
Another change was in store..... (Thanks Keith)

Attachments

• DSCN0424.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 962
  • DSCN0426.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 923
Had a little rust in the back window area to deal with. Thank you Marland for advice on the backglass.

Attachments

• DSCN0719.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 908
  • DSCN0716.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 949
And now a preview of some things to come....

Attachments

• DSCN0742.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 928
Looking good. Had a 68 valiant before, fun little car. Too bad your daughter doesnt wanna take part in the fun. Good luck with it

Thank ya'll. She's getting there. Probably a month or two out before the 340 is ready. She won't be perfect, but that's ok by me. She's my DD at the moment and will probably still be after the swap. I'm not much for sitting in a folding chair, staring at cars on the grass.

The thing that I want to stress is this. This car is getting to where it's at because of the FABO family. I've bought parts from some of you. I've asked advice and gotten excellent responses. I've read many posts that have helped me along the way. I've made a lot of friends here (and some, well...). So for that, I thank you all. This truly is a FABO car.

Just wanted to throw a shout out to Mr. Dillinger for an excellent part, excellent service and for being an all around great guy. Had a core support piece waiting for me when I got home....

Also wanted to thank James (Mopardude318 ) for the spool mount K frame I got from him right about two years ago.

Attachments

• DSCN0756.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 773
  • DSCN0759.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 779
Good lookin car man. Great progress so far.

Subscribed. Looking good.

Thanks John, your part will be put to good use.

And got a couple of more things the other day.....

Attachments

• DSCN0762.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 707
  • DSCN0761.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 710
Just thought I would update here. Been kinda busy getting married and all of that. Getting the engine finished is naturally taking longer, also.

I did, however pick up a few more parts.

Got my trans checked out and resealed
View attachment DSCN0780.jpg

Andy's Denso bracket kit from Mancini
View attachment DSCN0889.jpg

A K member reinforcement kit and HD LCA pins from Firm Feel
View attachment DSCN0890.jpg

And a Street Fire box from MSD. I've been wanting to try one of these for a while and I got one for Deb's Jeep, also.
View attachment DSCN0891.jpg

Dude! I swear I gotta dial back on my Ebag and online shopping. It get's real addicting having packages waiting for you at the door. It rates right up there with the dogs being so happy to see you come home.

I know, my friend teases me cause we call my Valiant "the car eBay built" LOL

I bought so many parts on ebay, all at really killer prices too. And, if I needed more money, I sold off extra parts on ebay to get more money...so I could spend more on ebay!!! LOL Never ending cycle..........:D

Dude, I can't thank you enough for the intake set-up, its an awesome thing you did and its still setting in......I believe in paying if forward, I have done this alot lately here on FABO and I guess you have noticed....guess I have to pay more forward now LOL!!!

Geez, what were those commercials?
"I do coke so I can work harder, so I can buy more coke, so I can work harder and buy more coke".

Hey man, it was the 80's. Things were different then!

Dude, I can't thank you enough for the intake set-up, its an awesome thing you did and its still setting in......I believe in paying if forward, I have done this alot lately here on FABO and I guess you have noticed....guess I have to pay more forward now LOL!!!

You are more than welcome, sir. I expect to see some awesome burnouts come Spring.

-
Back