Windsheild Wiper Wiring ??????

-

MR.7DUSTER3

His money, My time
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Need some help here,we are just about done with the Painless wiring project on my son's Duster. We wired it from head light to tail light. It's really an awsome kit but it doesn't cover the windsheild wiper motor. The original switch has about 6-7 wire coming off it and the wiring harness just come with 1.

Question is has anybody done this with their re-wire and if so could you share some insight on it ?

Thanks,Bob / Bryce

P.S. its a 2 speed wiper motor with a 4 wire plug coming off of it, it also has what appears to be a ballast mounted on top.

OK guys since nobody has jumped in here yet let me run this by you and somebody tell what they think,I dug out the wiring harness from the engine side and the wires that go to the windsheild wiper motor are as follows red, green,blue and (2) brown.They go directly to the bulk head.then I dug out the wiper switch and low and behold ,it has the same colors attached to it except there is one large pink wire coming out of it also .Painless did supply one wire coming out of the interior side harness and it is pink. So if I was gambling man I would just match up all thes wire and chances are the darn thing would work what do you think?

I,d roll the dice but run a 5 amp fuse so it,ll burn quick in case you crap out lol

I did a two speed to variable speed conversion not long ago and I think the pink wire is the power feed and the motor should get 4 wires like you said red, green, brown, and blue. Some switches will have an additional terminal so that a wiper washer can be run from a push of the switch.

I spoke with Jason at Painless several times and he has been a great help but he did tell me that there is quite a few different wiper motor set ups that Chrysler used but if I did let him Know of my latest findings I'm sure he be able to figure it out. So Jason if your out there how bout it ,does this sound right?

Hey Longone you are right I was just showing 7Duster3 that option on his switch ,there is one more plug on the switch and you can push in the button so I sure mine is just like yours

Thanks Bob/ Bryce

Something like this is how its going to get wired!

Mopar-wipers.jpg

The two extra wires...brown and brown with tracer go to a resistor that bolts to the motor....it must give you the 2 speeds.

I am working through the same problem, but I am trying to replace the wiper switch too. I am pretty much an expert on wiring automotive, but the mopar setup is a bit confusing. One thing I am positive on is that the pink wire is power input into the wiper circuit, and the brown wire that goes through the resitor is the low speed power. I have isolated the wiring from the factory harness and will be hooking it up on the bench to try and figure out the rest. I am going to see if there is a way to adapt the aftermarket 3 wire 2-speed switch to a factory 3 wire system. At worst, I will have to use the factory switch with a new knob.

Thanks! I'm doing a painless wiring and this wiper diagram is great! Too bad painless doesn't seem to add any details. I have an additional yellow wire on its own; anybody know what it's for?
Does anyone know where I can buy the connectors for the wiper motor

According to this diagram, there are two brown lines, one goes to the wiper motor and the other goes to the water pump. (ignore the lines that I painted)

IMG_20210604_145058.jpg

Something like this is how its going to get wired!

View attachment 38346

Draw up this connection diagram, use a multimeter to know which terminals correspond to speed 1, speed 2, limit switch and positive, but I don't know where the line for the water pump connects, there is a free terminal but it always has current ...

Attachments

• Conexion Limpiadores .pdf
    249.6 KB · Views: 329
Draw up this connection diagram, use a multimeter to know which terminals correspond to speed 1, speed 2, limit switch and positive, but I don't know where the line for the water pump connects, there is a free terminal but it always has current ...
Diagrama Wipers .jpg

Thanks

-
Back