Wiper arm removal tool

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So i really feel like I once saw a tool available that removed these old style wiper arms with ease.

When I Google search it now, I find only the newer style that look like a ball joint remover for the newer style wiper arm with the nut on top.

Am I just not seeing them or anyone know of where to find the remover tool for the older style arms?

20220417_211138.jpg

You could take the picture that you have, blow it up, and mimic that outta some bar stock. There is a place here ( 2 in town) Metal Supermarket. They have remnants, lefts overs, and cut-offs from ALL kinda stuff. I have made a few things outta there...

Interesting... I've always held the head of a claw hammer such that my fingers protected the paint, then put just the very tip of the claw under the arm, while holding the wiper arm firmly with my other hand. Then I give it a quick upward jerk and off they come. Never damaged anything doing it that way but I suppose there is always a first.

Never needed a puller for those. Flip up the arm and there should be a little tab that slides out on the bottom. May have to hold the tab out. Then just pull up. I only ever needed a puller on newer ones that are held on with a nut, those are tapered and some are also splined to boot.

-
Back