WIX Filters Deal

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be placing an order this week....going to check with my buddy at NAPA to see if he can meet there prices....

I just put an order together. 14 filters for $99.60. Fuel filters for my diesel tool truck are $35 at NAPA. I can get them at Filter1 for $18. I got 2 of those! The "quick order" works great. tmm

I would not run anything but Wix or Baldwin Filters. All the rest, especially Fram, are garbage.

Finally got around to checking with NAPA. If my math wad right after the discount FILTERONE gets $4.11 for a 1515 filter, I paid $3.75 including tax. No more having to buy $50 worth of filter and storing them for me....

Finally got around to checking with NAPA. If my math wad right after the discount FILTERONE gets $4.11 for a 1515 filter, I paid $3.75 including tax. No more having to buy $50 worth of filter and storing them for me....

Somebody likes you because the gold 1515 are close to $7 at local napa stores here. Wix are the gold level.

The Napa silver 31515 is about that price, 3.50ish before tax. If they gave you a gold and charged you for a silver...

Somebody likes you because the gold 1515 are close to $7 at local napa stores here. Wix are the gold level.

The Napa silver 31515 is about that price, 3.50ish before tax. If they gave you a gold and charged you for a silver...

Gave me a Gold
View attachment IMG_4295 (Medium).jpg
Billed me for a Gold

View attachment IMG_4298 (Medium).jpg
All of the parts people at the one I deal with know which account gets the best deal on certain items. They do there best to give all repeat walk-ins a discount of sorts. After they see the same face enough they will then give you the best deal they can. I have to go past 3 or 4 NAPA's to get to this one but it is well worth it for me.

Still less expensive for me to go with the online filter deal, by quite a bit. Nice that you got a deal, not that way for lots of other folks.

The $50-60 I spend would cost over $100 at the local Napa.

Glad that I get such a deal. Don't drive enough anymore to warrant having to store oil filters here. From December 1st of last year we put 12k miles on the Explorer and 3500 on the Diesel. 5 oil changes on the Ford, 1 on the Chevy. Add 1 for the bike, 1 for the mower & 1 for the tractor. Was going to order from Filter one but in order to meet the fifty bucks for free shipping I would have had to order 13 of the 1515's, I have at least 4 for everything else. Some of the fliters outside have been out there since 2012.....

Am I missing a step here? I followed the steps and came up with $9.09 each for a 57620XP oil filter (for my 5.9 diesel). I then checked Rock Auto and they charge $7.40.
For the same 50.00 order at Rock Auto you can buy 7 @$51.80 plus shipping of $8.87 for a total of $60.67. That is $8.66 each?

Placed an order last Sunday. Got 12 for my van, race dart and street dart. 4 for my Duramax (XP version for extended drain intervals) and 4 for the wife's Journey. Averaged out to $4.71 each.

Ok cool thread. But is WIX better than Fram? I don't think I ever seen WIX at the store. Just Fram and Motorcraft

Just received 9 WIX filters for $58, free shipping. Five of the filters were the synthetic, (X). Great company, received products in a week. A very happy customer!

Reviving a old thread. The "moparts" discount still applies from Filter1. I compaired 21 filters between Rock Auto,Fleet Filter, and Filter1. Filter 1 charges more per filter but with the moparts discount and the free freight, they were cheaper by a few dollars. I ordered a assortment of 21 filters, oil, air, cabin, and diesel fuel filter and the total was $126.90. Just as an example, the 51515 Mopar filters are $7.24 at NAPA and i bought them for $4.90 before the discount. Another great savings is the #33976 fuel filter for my tool truck costs me $38.93 at NAPA. $18.98 at Filter1. tmm

Lot of folks in the "Duramax World" no longer swear by WIX filters, they swear at them. I no longer use a WIX fuel filter...the one for truck was rated at 9 micron if I remember right...I now use a 2 micron CAT filter.

That being said I still get a better deal going to see my buddy at NAPA. Not a big fan of purchasing filters in bulk and sitting in my uninsured garage...collecting moisture and dust. Sure, I could put the filters in zip lock bags...but why...

Lot of folks in the "Duramax World" no longer swear by WIX filters, they swear at them. I no longer use a WIX fuel filter...the one for truck was rated at 9 micron if I remember right...I now use a 2 micron CAT filter.

That being said I still get a better deal going to see my buddy at NAPA. Not a big fan of purchasing filters in bulk and sitting in my uninsured garage...collecting moisture and dust. Sure, I could put the filters in zip lock bags...but why...
I get a small discount at NAPA too. I store my filters in the basement. Cool and dry. I didn't know about the Duramax filters. My old 6.5 works with about anything.

I just got some from Summit, free shipping (as long as over $99) and now Tax. Seems pretty much in line with RockAuto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back